Hello from France !

Elly

Hello everyone,

I really like the atmosphere and the mutual aid of this forum and I’m happy to be with you.
I have always been passionate about miniatures, it's a magical world that I find fascinating.
I have already made some miniatures at 1/24 scale and for the first time I am starting 2 dollhouses in parallel at 1/12 scale, I still consider myself a beginner.
(Excuse me my English, I understand a little but I don't write it. I use google translate to communicate with you).
Have a nice day!

Hello, Nancy. Welcome to the forum! My late husband's family emigrated to the USA from Martigny-le-Comte, Saône-et-Loire, Bourgogne, France in 1750.

Bonjour Nancy. Bienvenue sur le forum! La famille de mon défunt mari a émigré aux États-Unis de Martigny-le-Comte, Saône-et-Loire, Bourgogne, France en 1750. Nom de famille Daubard.

• Like 1

Just now, Elly said:

Thanks a lot Lisa and Kathie for your welcome messages. :wave:

Kathie, I am impressed that you know the history of your husband's family dating back to 1750!

1750 is when they emigrated. We know the history back to 1639. :) 

1750, c'est quand ils ont émigré. Nous connaissons l'histoire depuis 1639.

• Like 1

1639, incredible! are you a genealogy fan Kathie?
How lucky to be able to go back so far in the genealogy of the family. :cheezy:

Edited by Elly

Hi Carrie and Holly, thanks for your messages. :cheezy:

I'm new to dollhouse construction, I started a year ago with 1/24 scale kits, I made 3 that I offered.
At the moment I have 3 projects at the same time, soon 4, I will have work for a long time:

A 1/24 dollhouse that I make from plans to start with then I will make modifications.

A 1/12 house that I realize from plans found on the internet. It’s a challenge for me because the house is built entirely of cardboard which I cover with a mixture of smoothing joint and white pva glue.

Finally there’s a 1/12 kit house that I bought from an individual and that I have to assemble entirely. The wood is not very good quality, too thin, so I reinforce everything with 3mm mdf.

There’s also the Walmer Mulberry Lane dollhouse #462 which I just ordered today and which will definitely be my 4th and current project for now.

I will quickly post some unpretentious photos with explanations.

Edited by Elly
  • Like 1