Haunted Primrose - my own style

Mordana

I just finished my miniature haunted house, just in time for Halloween!! I'm very proud of it.  It was originally a Primrose kit, and I added a dormer window in the attic, switched out the front door, and made a chimney for the side of the house out of foam board and egg cartons for bricks. I also made the fireplace inside out of foam board and skull beads, and i used a flickering light kit with some twigs from my yard cut up and blackened to look like firewood. I started this last year and my ex wore me down into believing it was stupid and I'd never finish. Well, I reclaimed it! And I'm very happy with how it turned out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tranfl said:

Wonderful!  Your skellies look so pleased with their house.

They love it! Everything is just to their liking (and how fortuitous that I would find a skeleton garland at Michaels with skellies that were exactly the right size). :-)

Yours is the first haunted house that has encouraged me to see the need for my own! I am so glad you cut the dead weight and kept the project. I love it! The level of detail is a real reflection of your passion. I'd say you have a cool mom too.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Medieval said:

Yours is the first haunted house that has encouraged me to see the need for my own! I am so glad you cut the dead weight and kept the project. I love it! The level of detail is a real reflection of your passion. I'd say you have a cool mom too.

Thank you so much! This has been such a fun project, picking out and planning all those little details. And my mom is pretty awesome, yes. I won the mom lottery with her. :-)