Large Incomplete Castle Needs a New Home

My late father worked on this masterpiece for 5 years but it is only half finished.  This was his second build after completing a kit Victorian house.  The castle fits across two custom craft tables he built on castors, each table is 4'x4' so the entire castle is nearly 8' across and about 3' wide.  My mother is moving out of her house and we don't have room for this, nor time to finish the work ourselves.  My father purchased a large amount of furniture, furnishings, and other material for this project, much of it still in original packaging, although not enough to complete/decorate/furnish every room, maybe 1/2.  We would love to find a good home for this with someone interested in completing the project rather than just selling off the parts.  The castle is in Irvine, CA and we would be willing to consider donating it to someone in exchange for pictures of the eventual product.  This is a custom design of his with some general drawings and notes but not complete plans.  I have a few dozen pictures of many of the rooms temporarily staged with the intended components but most of the assembly is in roughed out form only.

Castle Pics.jpg

• Like 2

I have been a builder/creator for 40 plus years and I would be delighted to work on this and show images of progress.  I have images of many that I have worked on and they are all still with me, even my first house from just over 40 years ago. I have tons of pictures on my FB page. I live in Southern California. I tried to post a few images - no luck for me here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Toby,

Great!  We'd be happy to have it go to a good home where it would fulfill its potential.  We generally go up to Irvine on Saturday's so perhaps next week or the week after we could meet to arrange your pickup of the materials.  Send me a direct message and we can work out the details.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 5:03 AM, tobymcv said:

I tried to post a few images - no luck for me here.

Congratultions Michael! I do hope you will start a gallery of the castle progress (have to make 5 posts first but you have 3 right here). I don't do FB. The pics might have to be resized. I use

http://www.resize-photos.com/

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with conversation, Michael!  Congrats on the castle build - I hope you will take and post many pics along the way.  How nice for the family, to see their late father's dream brought to fruition by you.

• Like 1