Unrequited Dollhouse Loves

Okay Everyone, please share.  What is a dollhouse(es) that you absolutely fell in love with, had to have, but for some reason or the other (lose a bid, seller gave it to someone else, or simply it was too expensive or too far) never acquired it? One of mine was an absolutely gorgeous yellow Garfield aptly named “The Yellow Rose Inn” that was fully and very beautifully furnished for a very reasonable 500.  However I was out of the country and begged the seller to keep it for me for a few weeks until I got back, even offering her more money.  Sadly she needed to clear the room of it pronto and sold it to someone else.  Sigh.....my unrequited dollhouse love ❤️ 

• Like 1

My first dollhouse was the old grandville. I built it in the early 90s and lost it and 3 others to hurricane Katrina. I am still looking for a kit to rebuild

I have always wanted to build and keep my own Pierce. And a Willowcrest. And there are many others... whenever I see a picture of an especially well-done house. 

I've missed out on several, or got outbid........BUT....I'm on the West Coast of Florida and my adult son lives on the East Coast - I saw a lady list a FREE Lawbre Nantucket that was so beautifully done on Marketplace on the East Coast. Within 5 minutes of it being listed I called my son and he agreed to leave work and immediately go get it, 30 minutes later it was GONE!! The listing was up for less than an hour and she gave it to someone else. I have never forgot about that house.

• 5 weeks later...

Over the years, I have also missed out on many vintage items; sometimes it's due to the seller not replying or the seller wanting an unrealistic price for their item. There is a pattern that some sellers have an emotional attachment to their dollhouse or they think it's worth a lot more because it's antique/vintage.  It can be frustrating to send messages to sellers via craigslist, or Facebook Marketplace and dead silence follows.  At the same time, that's the thrill of looking in the secondary market, from time to time one strikes a great deal.