Tink's Apartment from Hook

shamrockgirl18

Found this clock on the side of the road- I think it would be perfect to make Tink's little apartment from the movie Hook.

The back panel opens up (rather than the face of the clock, like in the movie) but I think it would be a fun project.

Love to hear your ideas how I can recreate that fun little space, in this clock that has a very tall, but narrow, compartment behind the glass.

rsz_clock.png

• Like 1

Such a cute idea :) I have been planning to this exact project for a few years but the time and space required always seems to not align. That clock is perfect for making a clock house. I have some photos I can share with you that might be able to help as finding photos and inspiration I discovered was not easy. 

On 10/17/2020 at 7:40 PM, fov said:

That's really cute! Can you post a bigger picture? It's hard to see the space where the scene will go.

I will try to post one, soon. It's tricky to get too close, because all the light reflects off the glass. Maybe once I start filling the space a little, it will be easier to photograph.

On 10/17/2020 at 8:08 PM, Tinkerbelle said:

Such a cute idea :) I have been planning to this exact project for a few years but the time and space required always seems to not align. That clock is perfect for making a clock house. I have some photos I can share with you that might be able to help as finding photos and inspiration I discovered was not easy. 

I watched that scene in the movie recently, but her little house doesn't get much screen time. I would love any photos you could share with me!

12 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Erin, can you pause the movie on the scene with her apartment?

I did, but the only things I could really see through her tiny door way were: a shell filled with feathers (her bed), her vanity (looks like a piece of a wood, with the top of tin can for a mirror), an old key, Peter Banning/Pan's driver license, his credit card and a box of certs.

Since my clock has more space to fill, I am trying to think of what else I can put in there. I have an old wooden spool with thread on it, and I am trying to track down an old looking thimble (in the book, the 'thimble' is called a kiss). :)

You could glue a large flat button to one end of the spool to make her a table and set it with acorn cap dishes and the thimble could serve as a seat at the table.  Too bad there isn't a Julia Roberts Tinkerbell; there are scads of the Disney animated one.

35 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Too bad there isn't a Julia Roberts Tinkerbell; there are scads of the Disney animated one.

I know! I thought maybe I could find an action figure from when the movie was released, but it looks like they never made one.

I've looked at a few fairy dolls on Ebay to see if I could find one that resembles her, but so far I haven't had much luck. I am looking on Etsy, too now.

This Build should be really fun and neat to follow.

I still serf the web, mostly Pintrest for awesome ideas on shadow box Dollhouses.

My wife has a whole room dedicated to dollhouses. She only like to build the structures though.

even with all kinds of neat furniture bought for them. haaaaaa

anyways........ I'll be watching this one come around, very cool clock and ideas for it.

I have 4 granddaughters, I'd love to do something along these lines for them.

more please.

52 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Too bad there isn't a Julia Roberts Tinkerbell

I found one on Ebay that might work:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Poseable-Handmade-Cannabis-Elf-Fairy-Collectible-Doll-Ornament/303673864802?hash=item46b45f7262:g:4Z0AAOSwl9dd2Hga

I would replace her outfit, but her face and hairstyle resemble Julia Roberts' portrayal of Tinkerbell, and the price is reasonable

11 hours ago, shamrockgirl18 said:

I watched that scene in the movie recently, but her little house doesn't get much screen time. I would love any photos you could share with me!

I've been away helping a friend the last few days so sorry for not replying.  I can send you stuff tomorrow if that is okay?  When I planned to do it I found it hard to find images. 

12 hours ago, Tinkerbelle said:

I've been away helping a friend the last few days so sorry for not replying.  I can send you stuff tomorrow if that is okay?  When I planned to do it I found it hard to find images. 

That's okay- I am looking forward to seeing it.

On 10/20/2020 at 7:44 AM, shamrockgirl18 said:

I will try to post one, soon. It's tricky to get too close, because all the light reflects off the glass. Maybe once I start filling the space a little, it will be easier to photograph.

I've done a little work on it- here's a pic of her 'bed' with a stopwatch hanging down near it

rsz_122117102_10102932827402455_7518894109752344581_o.jpg

• Like 2

sorry took me a while as really struggling to upload some pics and one document has gone walkies when I got a new computer. 

But I found this  description somewhere online about fairies and tinkerbell as: 

Not all fairy houses are so elaborate. Many are constructed from leaves and twigs, stones and feathers. And some are made with help from humans.

And in the videos about Pixie Hollow, where Disney tells us Tink lived prior to meeting Peter Pan, the fairies do live in similar structures, decorated with items scavenged from humans, like spoons and shoes. By the time Tinker Bell meets Peter, she aspires to a more upscale lifestyle:

[T]here was one recess in the wall, no larger than a bird-cage, which was the private apartment of Tinker Bell. It could be shut off from the rest of the house by a tiny curtain, which Tink, who was most fastidious [particular], always kept drawn when dressing or undressing. No woman, however large, could have had a more exquisite boudoir genuine Queen Mab, with club legs; and she varied the bedspreads according to what fruit- blossom was in season. Her mirror was a Puss-in-Boots, of which there are now only three, unchipped, known to fairy dealers; the washstand was Pie-crust and reversible, the chest of drawers an authentic Charming the Sixth, and the carpet and rugs the best (the early) period of Margery and Robin. There was a chandelier from Tiddlywinks for the look of the thing, but of course she lit the residence herself. Tink was very contemptuous of the rest of the house, as indeed was perhaps inevitable, and her chamber, though beautiful, looked rather conceited, having the appearance of a nose permanently turned up.

tink home.jpg

tink bedroom.jpg

8 hours ago, shamrockgirl18 said:

I've done a little work on it- here's a pic of her 'bed' with a stopwatch hanging down near it

rsz_122117102_10102932827402455_7518894109752344581_o.jpg

I love this by the way. Nest bed is the way I see fairies sleeping.