Greetings from Upstate NY!

Sherianne

Hello!  I am so excited to have found this forum!  A friend of mine is moving out of state and when I was visiting her this past weekend she asked if I wanted her family's dollhouse.  It was built by her grandfather for one of her sisters and is probably 30 years old (?).  I have no previous experience with dollhouses but have been following a few people who build them (I did want to be an architect when I was younger).  I asked what she would do with it if I wasn't able to take it and she said that she would probably sell it.  I couldn't have her do that.  I would love to update and renovate it.  I have connected with Greenleaf about getting spare parts and they were great in responding.  Many of the windows need to be replaced.  I want to shingle the roof, put some siding on it, and repaint.  I am in the process of removing the windows and would love to remove the porch to be able to side the front of the house on the first floor but am not sure if I can remove the railing and posts (I'm not sure when this part of the house was built as I don't have the instructions).  If anyone has the instructions for the Greenleaf Pierce, that would be awesome!  I can do my best to work backwards.  

I'd love to hear your suggestions/recommendations!  Thank you!

house resized.jpg

Edited by Sherianne
  • Like 3

Welcome Sherianne :wave:

There are quite a few people in the group that are actively building a Pierce at the moment. I hope someone can supply you with a copy of the house.

Congratulations on acquiring such a great house. Your plans for its rehab sound marvelous.

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the little family, Sherianne.  I once got a Pierce that was missing parts.  It had been built with hot glue, so I took it totally apart with a heat gun and putty knife.  One of our other members was building a Pierce at that time and traced the missing stair parts so I could cobble my own and I had it about a third rebuilt when we moved and it got destroyed during the process.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm a newbie to the group and am currently working on restoring my first dollhouse. I have a Pierce and need info about covering the electrical setup with wallpaper or paint-can this be done without damaging the electrical tape and if so, what would people recommend? Thanks so much!

35 minutes ago, Raven_1313 said:

Hi! I'm a newbie to the group and am currently working on restoring my first dollhouse. I have a Pierce and need info about covering the electrical setup with wallpaper or paint-can this be done without damaging the electrical tape and if so, what would people recommend? Thanks so much!

Hi Robin,

You can start your own thread if you have any more questions. It will make it easier for people to find answers if they have the same question.

I have papered over tape wire directly, but you need to make sure any eyelets or brads are covered with a piece of clear tape to cut down on corrosion.  This is not my favorite way. I prefer to make templates of the walls out of card stock and apply my paper onto it.

The tape wire and brads don't to show through, and if you need to trouble shoot an electrical issue, it is easier to remove the wall coverings. You can lightly tact the card stock to the wall and have a nice smooth wall without having to cover the whole wall in glue.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sherianne! The Pierce Dollhouse from Greenleaf is very popular in our forum and with the overall miniaturist community, like others have mentioned in this thread, there are other members here who are currently building, rehabbing, or redecorating this house.  The fun part with dollhouses is that they can be either remodeled, restored, or redecorated just like human scale houses.

• Like 1