Houses for my Daughters

feuz86

I'm going to build each of my 3 girls a dollhouse.... I was going to build all three the same house just painted and decorated differently, you know to avoid any fights or jealousy. however, now I'm feeling that doing 3 completely different houses would better fit their personalities. I definitely want to build a Laurel dollhouse for one, but I need 2 similar in size houses..... is the Arthur similar? it looks quite a bit smaller....  maybe the westville? any suggestions would be great. I've only built a Laurel so I'm not very familiar with any other houses and their sizes....

I have built the Laurel, the Arthur and the Westville and they all have the same room count and stairs.  The Magnolia might be a better choice than the Arthur size-wise.  Why not do a search in the Gallery or blogs to see if there are any photos of those houses that include children, to see how close the sizes are?  And, of course, the Glencroft is similar in size.

The Orchid is another nice house to consider. The Arthur, Orchid and Magnolia have a lot of exterior personality (gingerbread trims and gables). The Laurel is a different style. Of course, all the houses can be customized to the style you choose. Maybe you can ask the girls to select the one they would like from your pre-determined list. 

They are lucky girls! I wanted a dollhouse so much when I was a child.

On 10/7/2020 at 9:10 AM, feuz86 said:

I'm going to build each of my 3 girls a dollhouse.... I was going to build all three the same house just painted and decorated differently, you know to avoid any fights or jealousy. however, now I'm feeling that doing 3 completely different houses would better fit their personalities. I definitely want to build a Laurel dollhouse for one, but I need 2 similar in size houses..... is the Arthur similar? it looks quite a bit smaller....  maybe the westville? any suggestions would be great. I've only built a Laurel so I'm not very familiar with any other houses and their sizes....

What a sweet idea, lucky girls!!

Personally, I kinda like the idea of 3 identical houses, just painted/decorated different. Then there's truly nothing to create any jealousies (like the wrap around porch on the Laurel, but not on the others - just as an example).