Remove a Pinned Front Door

Abbie

I purchased a put together Alexandria dollhouse so all I have to do is repaint the exterior and paint the interior and DECORATE! My questions is I would like to remove the front door. It opens and closes on a tiny pin but is in really bad shape. There is not any space to get some small snippets in there to snip the pin. Any ideas on how to remove the door. Thank you for any advice. 

Edited by Abbie

Is the door a kit door that has been pin hinged, or is it one of the Houseworks doors?

If it has a separate frame (like a Houseworks door) you could try popping out the whole thing. Otherwise, if you can't cut the pins, you might need to destroy the door to get it out, and then replace it. If you wiggle the door around near the pins you might be able to splinter the wood enough to free it from the pins. Or you could get aggressive and punch it. :crash:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all.....pulled and tugged and slightly splintered the top of the edge....edge of the hole for the door to fit in but I’m planning to replace it with a pre put together door with trim....I think that will work! 

If the door is too big you can trace around it over the opening and carefully shave away the excess to make it fit, and if it's too small you can place it in the opening and shim it with bits of scrap wood or cardboard.

23 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

If the door is too big you can trace around it over the opening and carefully shave away the excess to make it fit, and if it's too small you can place it in the opening and shim it with bits of scrap wood or cardboard.

I wish I had know this....but I will use it in the future. I was too big and not careful in reducing and now I'm too small and adding bits....there's a lot to be said for experience!

That's why I advise people paralyzed by a craving for perfection the first time to consider mistakes as learning opportunities.  Why else did God place our ears so conveniently to hang eyeglasses off of?