Hi y'all. Newbie so nervous I rewrote this measly title 5 times!

Hi guys, 

So excited to start my lifelong dream of building a dollhouse. That being said, I'm seriously intimidated and afraid to remove the 1st piece..lol. Looking forward to meeting new folks with lots of patience who don't mind doing some major handholding.

Welcome to the little family, Jaimie.  Pick up a couple of rolls of painter's tape and a utility knife and a couple of packs of blades and start.  Which house are you building?

Edited by havanaholly

Hello Jaimie :wave:

What are you building?

After you have read the directions, make sure to label the pieces you remove, and then start the dry fit....Same way you eat an elephant, one bite at a time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Yourflyingcar
      Hi! 
      Im building my first dollhouse (the Orchid), for my niece, and am struggling to find dolls that will 1) fit in it, and 2) aren’t SUPER creepy. 
      The dolls that I have come across so far are terrible. They don’t necessarily need to be realistic, just cute and durable! Thanks!
    • By nuttiwebgal
      house #50.....
      DH and I went through all my albums and counted all the sizes and thats the number we came up with....WHAT!?!
      I hope our Birthday girl likes it
    • By EulalieParker
      Hello my name is Lauren Parker and I am a psychology major at Flagler college. For my art course I am building a doll house (The Orchid) for my term project. The house will be given to my soon to be 3 year old son, Felix. I am in the process of building. I've decided not to use the plastic window bits. I don't like the looks. So far I've glued together and painted my front door a nice red. It looks good. It has a ceramic pale blue door knob made from a thumb tack. I plan to clapboard or just paint the outside white and the trim and windows in a dark dove grey. The white might be a creamy white or slight grey white. Have any of you put together a house without using the plastic window glass? I am trying to come up with a clever idea for the middle of the bay so it's not just a gaping hole. Any ideas? I hate the plastic.
    • By TCoyne65
      I have a question on decorating, when is the best time to decorate the interior of your house? I am in the building stagings and want odecorate and put electricity throughout the house.

thanks,

Toby
    • By Addy98
      Hi there Greenleaf members, I am new to the community and forums and I seek your advice! I have wanted to build a Greenleaf or Corona Concepts dollhouse for a long time, but I am yet to purchase one. In my price range are the Arthur and the Orchid, and I w!as wondering which would be best for a complete novice? Thank you very much!