Lily Roofing Problems

Peggi

Ok, I didn't have much trouble with the porch roof, but I can't seem to get the roof sections to curve for the mansard roof. the instructions said lay wet paper towels on it till it drys, I did and it hasn't done squat.

So any help anyone can give me on how to get this thing to curve will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Peggi

ok when I did the Willowcrest roof and the curve of the Glencroft I scored the underside of the peice and than I sprayed water on it and into the scores....keeping steady presure till it had some give.than I glued it all like heck and clamped it down.and dint touch it for several days.

but I have heard of curving the roof peices around paint cans and let them dry that way before installing. I havent tried this but I may for the next time I have one of those curved roofs.

good luck!

your house may find its self in weird positions while drying dont forget to post a pic. :lol:

Thanks Nutti & Cat, as we speak my roof pieces are wrapped around coffee cans :huh: (didn't have any paint cans that would work) :p The side roofs seems to be conforming but I'm not sure about the front. But we persist and hope it will curve about :lol: I'll keep you updated and will post pixs soon.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you but was experiencing thunderstorms around these parts again and the connection kept getting broken.

Thanks again

Peggi