Building my daughter’s dream

MomIfBySea

A7E4E7A8-DBB2-4DDA-8BB2-04B20A38782A.jpeg.af308fafb5cd77f90971cb0a9f9dd8c8.jpegHi everyone! I am so excited to be here and have been really enjoying this project. Let’s see, where to start, we live in Kansas. My daughter is technically 6-1/2 but I swear she’s an old soul and loves all things Victorian. Sometimes we just drive all around the older neighborhoods where we live to look at houses and dream of living in one. So a couple of years ago we got her the Lily for Christmas with the idea it would be my project for her (and also a nice project during my pregnancy at the time). Well, not to get into too much detail but I had some hospitalizations and bed rest so it didn’t get much done! And then with a new baby, it sat for a few months. During COVID-19 though I’ve made much progress and she and I are loving the little details! She keeps bugging me that maybe next year we can enter it in our local fair, don’t know about that one as I’m a novice! She also has already written out instructions for her future children and their future children to “never, EVER get rid of this dollhouse no matter what or how old it is!” and that makes me smile. But anyway, I look forward to learning from the community and seeing so much creativity. I had no idea this existed until yesterday, how cool to have a place we can talk dollhouse projects!!!

Attaching a picture here of where we are at so far...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jdodyd said:

Make sure you sign your own and your daughter's name and details of place and time of your build (on the underside of the bottom of the house) for future owners.

Absolutely do this! I love that your daughter is micromanaging the lives of those yet unborn. Definitely an old soul with a vision of the future. :) 

• Like 1

Hi Kathy, and welcome. I loved reading your post. You sound like a great mom doing these things with your daughter, and your daughter sounds amazing. It is nice to know that there are still young people that enjoy dollhouses.

Looking forward to seeing your progress. Have lots of fun and enjoy! :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jdodyd said:

Make sure you sign your own and your daughter's name and details of place and time of your build (on the underside of the bottom of the house) for future owners.

Yes, what a great idea! I hadn’t thought of this!