The Beacon Hill staircases

JeffF

First time doll house builder . . .       I am incredibly confused by the instructions for the Beacon Hill "Second Floor Staircase" (Section D), steps 12-14.  Exactly where and how do I glue the corner posts to the second floor railings and the third floor railings?  I've been studying the instructions and looking at a variety of completed Beacon Hills on the web for the past couple of days and "playing around" with placing the posts in variety of positions (without gluing anything) and I'm still at a loss . . . . .      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Much obliged.  Y'all stay safe!

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Jeff, I hope KathieB weighs in soon because she often installs her stairs without gluing them in, but I don't know if she's doing that with her BH.

The stairs in the Beacon Hill are completely removable.  See some makeover pics in my blog, here.  As you will see, I pretty much abandoned the instructions and went my own way. 

9 hours ago, JeffF said:

I am incredibly confused by the instructions

Jeff, when I hit the confusion wall in a build, I usually leave it be and work on another part. Often when I come back to it, it is not quite so confusing. Or I abandon the directions entirely and wing it. :D 

Thanks folks . . . . .      In my youth, I loved models (cars, ships, planes, etc.);  and now that I'm older (much older), I thought I would "tackle" The Beacon Hill for my granddaughter.   Oye Vey . . .    the instructions are no where near as clear as the ones that accompanied the model kits in my youth . . .      Y'all stay safe!   Thanks again . . . 

8 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

If I, like Kathie, can't figure out the instructions from doing a dry fit, I just muddle through on my own.

And then give myself a sound head-slap when the solution finally dawns on me. :doh: It keeps life interesting!

Thanks again, folks . . .      I finally found a photo in the Gallery that helps clarify the instructions.  The original instructions stated, "Glue a corner post to each end of the third floor railing . . . "  If the instructions would have said, "Glue a corner post to each side of each end of the third floor railing . . .  " , it would have made a lot more sense for this feeble brain of mine . . .   (See photo.)

Something tells me this will not be the first time using this forum . . . 

Y'all stay safe!

Jeff

BEACONHILLPOSTSII.PNG

Edited by JeffF

Hey Jeff! I've built the Greenleaf Harrison & Garfield but nothing prepared me for the Beacon Hill.  I am soooooooooo grateful for two websites. Moreminisblogspot.com and

JennsMinis. I like that Jenn has BIG PICTURES and explains each step.  The best way to access her I find is to actually type in what you are looking for.  I can assure you that there will be alot more sections you will need help with, as I did. lol.  Try this: https://jennsminis.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/beacon-hill-finishing-the-stairs-and-moving-on/. I usually go on the internet and just type in what I am looking for because I find it hard to find the topics just going on her home pge.  I just type in Jenns Minis Beacon Hill stairs. Hope this helps and good luck with your build! I have been at it for 5 months finishing inside and outside. lol