I started my Beacon Hill today!!!!!!!!

ilovecats

I was gonna finish the Tennyson and I actually did get alot done. The shingles are all on and the porch railing is all figured out. I ran out of quick grab glue halfway thru shingling the roof so i switched to Aleene's tacky glue...worked okay for the shingles but made the porch railing tedious and awful...so i'll pick up more quick grab tomorrow after work. I'll have to wait until sunday to finish the Tennyson....

I pulled the BH out of the basement and punched out every single piece from each sheet. Took me hours to do it but everything is in baggies and stored away in a box under the kitchen table. If i don't get to sanding on Sunday, i have monday and tues off as well!!!!! So next week i'll start gluing the house together! The punching out pieces and sanding are the most tedious part for me...i love just digging in and putting things together! At least i got a good start!

I can't wait to see pictures......especially since you'll probably end up ahead of me pretty soon, lol.

I have actually been considering taking a day off of work just to work on my BH. I only work part-time, but I have my kids home with me on my regular days off, and that really limits how much I can work on the house. You have inspired me to play hooky from work. :wub:

Stacey

Is this one pretty much straight Victorian, or for the Addams Family?

This one will be a victorian! :wave: i finally decided (yes i went back and forth alot :wub: ) that the Cambridge would be the haunted house!

I am going back and forth on the colors for the BH...i'll run to Lowe's next week and pick out paints!

Oh, how exciting Margarita! You're gonna love this house!! You might also want to try Benjamin Moore because they have the little paint containers with just enough paint for a dollhouse-sized house!! :wub: Lots of great colors too!

I'm going to be starting on my micro Beacon Hill next week. That little package is sure intimidating! I can't wait to get it done. I bought a really cool snow globe at Pottery Barn the other day for it to reside in. I'm really excited about this project!

post-267-1163780535_thumb.jpg post-267-1163780887_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on letting the BH out of the box. This is a house that you'll really enjoy. I think it is the showiest of all the dollhouses.

Teresa - the 1:144 BH is adorable when it's built. It amazed me how much detail there is for this tiny house. Have you decided on your colours yet? I used wallpaper that was in one of the issues of American Miniaturist magazine.

-Susanne

Susanne, I'm having trouble deciding on colors, but I think I'm going with cream or putty yellow for the body and black for the shingles and shutters with maybe some burgundy for the trim. Do you remember the issue of AM magaine? I've been looking for wallpaper and perhaps this would help! Thanks!

I was checking out all the BH galleries and Teresa's "movies" yesterday getting some ideas for mine. I won't be starting it until next year but just packing away some things in the old brain as to how it will look and what colors it will have. I am so excited to start this house! I want it to be really special and will take my time on it. Plus once it is done I have NO IDEA were I will put it. The Garfield is taking up a corner of my living room right now. ;)

How is the house coming along? I'm so curious. I would like to see what the staircases should really look like instead of my botched ones. :D

Can't wait to see!!!

Hi Blonde! Your staircases are looking great, the stain is a pretty color to! I think we are all our own worst critics.

I am doing mine in a red oak which is very dark. I'm doing the house in a victorian them and i love dark wood for it. Since i have most of the furniture in mahogany, i wanted a stain that was dark and had a hint of red. I thought mahogany stain would be more red than i wanted....so....I love this color stain! I'm gonna use it for another project!

I don't have pic's yet as i only finished sanding yesterday (took several hours cuz i kept stopping for a rest)...then I stained everthing. I may start building the staircases on tuesday when i have my next day off. If not then, it will be next saturday before i can get to that project!

Ooo, Marg, that sounds so pretty! The red mahogany stain I sometimes use is VERY red, BTW, I use the MinWax liquid stain. I may have to play with red oak.

Hi Holly. It is the minwax liquid. I just found it at Lowe's, haven't seen it anywhere else. It's a beautiful color! I put two coats on my staircase which gives it a more chestnut look with red hints, but if you use one coat, it shows off the red more. I highly recommend it! I hope to get at least one staircase put together tomorrow, hopefully i'll have time to post pictures!

It's looking great Marg! I absolutely *love* the primrose bash you're doing with it. It looks like it's going to be a marriage made in heaven. I'm all excited to watch it's progress now. I just love a good bash, and this is a reeeeeeeeeally good one!

Deb

It's looking great Marg! I absolutely *love* the primrose bash you're doing with it. It looks like it's going to be a marriage made in heaven. I'm all excited to watch it's progress now. I just love a good bash, and this is a reeeeeeeeeally good one!

Deb

Ahhhh...thanks Deb! B) :hug:

I was talking over some of my plans with Andrew last night. I'm very excited about this, but will keep this particular idea under wraps at the moment :p ;)

I wish I could stay home from work tomorrow and do more....but

...this is the way you afford new house kits.

I like what you've done so far, especially how beautifully the stair carpet goes with the hall wallpaper. I commented on an idea for your Primrose bash before I read the next entry & saw you had aleady performed surgery Im looking forwared to future installments.