Any advice regarding re-decorating already built house

Wildfordollys

Removing the trim would be the best bet for a nice, clean result. However, if the trim is too hard to remove, you could try using tissue paper pressed against the wall to create a template so wallpaper can fit around the window/door trim. 

I generally strip the entire house of windows, trim and wallpaper. Then I take the house outside, give it a good cleaning and spray paint the entire house with Kilz primer. A clean slate helps with my creativity. 
In my case,  I’ve always purchased new windows And sometimes changed the openings so pulling the old ones off was not a problem. 

Hi Kathryn - I found a wonderful video series on youtube "My Dolls House Diary" posted by Julie Warren.  She shows you how she updated her doll house including how she took the paper off and then how to make templates for wallpapering.  There are a couple of dozen videos in the series and they jump around a little bit.  I believe the wallpaper instructions are in one of the kitchen videos.  Good Luck!

Jess suggested Post-It notes, but you could use any smallish pieces of scrap paper and transparent tape and lay the pieces along your wall to make the template/ pattern of that wall with any door or window openings.  When you lay your piece of wallpaper over the wall do allow at least 1/4" on each end to wrap the inner corners.  Lay your wallpaper on your cutting mat, lay your template centered on top of your wallpaper and carefully cut out any door or window openings.  I would probably apply the wallpaper paste to the wall and lay the piece of wallpaper onto the wall with the openings perfectly aligned, and carefully smooth the wallpaper out to the edges.

When I remodel a houseI I use newspaper for my templates for the wallpaper. I put the top straight edge and  the side straight edge into a corner, I crease the other Corner  and the bottom with my finger. If you’re going to wrap your corners just add a 1/4 of an inch to each side when you cut.  I’ve found that some rooms are square some are not... so I always go by my template.