Assemble instructions (Fairfield)

grannybaby0119

If you're sure the pieces are facing the right way but the tabs still don't match up, if they're only a little bit off you can cut down the tabs or enlarge the slots with a utility knife.

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, mertaireorf said:

I am having trouble understanding the chimney wall.  The instructions say to place on the left side, aligning with the top slot of the chimney...which is left? and the only slot I see doesn't seem to match up.

Hi Art!  I tried to find a good photo of the chimney with the wall to show you how it should look.  This photo came from moreminis.blogspot.com - which is a great resource and I highly recommend you look through her two Fairfield builds.  

The verbiage of the instructions assumes that the front of the house is always facing you.  Hold the "Left Chimney Wall Extension" up as seen in the schematic so it looks sort of like a T.  The top projections of the T slot into the big center wall and the left side of the chimney (see photo).  The tab on the bottom of the T slots into the floor.

*If you built your chimney without a slot for the wall to fit into, you could trim the wall to be flush with the chimney side instead.  As long as it slots into the center wall, the foundation and the 2nd floor, it will stay in place just fine.

Feel free to DM me if this is still confusing.

Moreminis Fairfield.jpg

Fairfield Schematic.jpg