Download area support topics

Medieval

1 hour ago, Medieval said:

...a chat room just for that house with instructions handy?

We used to have a forum chat room at one point; it got abused, sadly, and had to be removed.  I miss it because some of us would wake up in the middle of the night and go there to discuss some building problem and someone else would be there wondering about their building problem, and good ideas got exchanged; we also had a few tutorials done there.

One disadvantage of a chat room is that you can't go back to search for the good idea you can't quite remember. If you don't happen to be in the room when bits of wisdom are exchanged, you'll not hear them. Messages/threads can be searched for specifics. 

I used wrong term when I said chat room. What I mean is one location per doll house where instructions, galleries, and idea exchanges could be organized around. I don't know how to run a website, but I know it would be cool to find pierce door installation, tower, staircase assembly, etc issues all in one spot. I spend a lot of time sorting through searches for what I'm looking for. I've accidentally found some old stuff that is fantastic. But it wasn't under search terms I would have used if I was looking for it.

Howdy folks!  Okay, I'm working on doing just that.  I uploaded the instructions for the Garfield in the download section.   There is a button in the download area that says "get support" which bring folks to this topic.  Ideally, this topic will be used to support questions about the Garfield assembly so hopefully the common questions will all be address in one topic.  With that in mind, I'm going to delete the above conversation unless Emily can move it to a new topic.    I appreciate the feed back posted here, but want to keep things about the assembly of the Garfield. 

Before we moved the forum, there were issues preventing us from developing the download section.  It's my goal to eventually get the all of the instructions posted, but I don't even have PDFs on some of them. I'm starting with the most requested and we'll move forward from there.  All the instruction sheets will have there own dedicated topic like this one.  Hopefully that will help address common questions about each dollhouse in one topic.   

Thanks,

Dean

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay so I figure out how to split the topic with out bothering Emily.  I probably should have created a new topic under my name and merged it... sorry Jess that it looks like this is your topic.  

I'm open to suggestions about any other information that should be included in the download description.  I have added a tab for product info that included and link to the store and number of shingles and such.  It would be nice if we could put gallery search results for each dollhouse and things like that.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Dean

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

I think it would be great to have a sort of blueprint of the floor layout of each dollhouse with measurements.  That way if we are looking to buy a kit/house we'll know if certain pieces of furniture would fit in the rooms as designed or if we'd have to do some kit bashing to make things fit.