Cassi Dollhouse Kit by House That Jack Built

whoistono

Hi does anyone have this house? Cassi Dollhouse Kit by House That Jack Built

This is my first dollhouse. What do you do first the shingles, siding or trim? The instructions say hot glue but I don't want to use hot glue. What glue do you use? Can you show me pics/videos of your house? Thank you.

Cassie.jpg.3199e44e897eb53f5d71c263e1c5adb3.jpg

Welcome Janet,

Use wood glue, and is this house also nailed together? I have a different kit from the House that Jack built and small pin nails are also used in the assembly.  Wood glue is much stronger than nailing alone.

The shingles can be done at any time once the structure is complete.

Hi, Janet, is the house pretty much already together, like in the photo?  If so, I wonder if those porch railings & posts could be carefully removed, or siding that beast will be a bear, much less painting it; and I always wait to install the windows and doors last thing, after all of the interior and exterior decorating is finished, so as not to get house paint on the trim or trim paint on everything around, or any paint on the clear part of the windows.

My parents built this dollhouse for my niece several Christmases ago. You can see pictures here:

I think their kit had siding milled into the walls. In that case you don't have to worry about the siding since it's been done for you. If your kit has smooth walls, then I suggest you build the shell (but not the porch), add siding, add windows, and then finish the porch. You can do the shingles at any point once the roof is installed but I usually save them until near the end of the build.

The dollhouse was given to me it was already made. The sides are smooth. We are in the process of removing the shutters and windows and the door so we can put the clapboard siding on. They attached the porch already so will need to work around that area.  FOV I loved your dollhouse. 

Edited by whoistono

Janet, seriously try to remove the posts and railings from the porch, if you can, before trying to put siding on that area.  If it were me I would cover the window & doors trims with masking tape and stucco the exterior with spackle or joint compound.