1:24 cottage row continued

Here's the front as it looks right now, and one of the rooms. The staircase befind the wall was cut from builders foam, much easier than doing it in wood. Check my blog if you want to see more. I've been updating by adding new posts to the end on the section.

1.JPG

2.JPG

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Medieval said:

I loved the blog. I like that you have added to the bottom of the same page. I'm on a tablet and it made it very easy to read about your journey.

Thanks, Jess. That's what I was hoping for, to make everything easier to follow. It's why I redid my old blog, things became hard to find, and I hated how you have to read the stories backwards on them.

1 hour ago, grazhina said:

Thanks, Jess. That's what I was hoping for, to make everything easier to follow. It's why I redid my old blog, things became hard to find, and I hated how you have to read the stories backwards on them.

I found I can view the other blogs you did. I bookmarked the Victorian one. I can see it will take time to look at EVRYTHING. lol. Thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Call Me Crazy said:

Looking good!!  The one corner of the brick looks a bit bright in the photo, but rubbing a pencil over the edge will "soot" up the brick and take down the shine. 

Thanks, yes, that's one the enhancements I have to do on the ground floor. I may add more soot here and there, etc., not sure yet, still 2 more cottages to do in the row after this one. I'm not totally happy with the floor right now, but I'm pretty sure how I'll fix that, no hurry.

I saw in your blog what you said about the Styrofoam sticking to the back of the paper ruffle. When I do a similar technique to make cloth curtains, I put a piece of waxed paper between the Styrofoam (or corrugated cardboard) and the fabric to prevent sticking. 

3 hours ago, Medieval said:

I wouldn't worry about staircase treads being uneven. Those old building don't have a plumb line in sight! Lol

That's part of the fun of working on an "old" building. If something's uneven or crooked it doesn't matter, it just adds to the charm.  Apparently the interior wall warped a little after I cut it, because when it was time to glue it into place, it wouldn't quite meet the front wall the way it did when I cut it out and checked the fit. This left me with a slight gap between the wall and the post by the door. No problem, I just stained 2 slivers of wood and glued them into the gaps and it looks just fine, like it's supposed to look like that. A description of the building I modeled it on mentions that the house has hardly a straight line in it.