OOAK house, needs a bit of TLC

Bluestocking

Free to good home, Hardy House, formerly The Golden Lion Inn.  Built in 1981 by “Budd” for Hardy Miniatures shop in Redlands, Calif.  When the shop closed, the house languished in storage for some years, until it was adopted by a fellow miniaturist in my local NAME group, who gave it to me in 2017.  She had made some modifications, as have I.  Some pieces of trim are no longer attached, but I have most of them, and also some of the original contents (tavern bar, roasting pig over a fire, etc.! including the inn sign) which of course will be included.

There are six rooms at the open back, a large attic accessible through a hinged portion of the roof, and at the front are three rooms plus two landings of room size, mostly accessible only through the windows.

It is a bit of a wrench for me to give the house away as it is unique and charmingly quirky, but I want to focus on my dream projects, which were put on hold when this fell into my lap.

It is quite large and heavy (40 in. w x 29 d x 31 h/102 cm h x 74 d x 79 h including the plywood base), so shipping is impossible, sorry.  We are willing to drive 90 minutes or so to deliver within Los Angeles/Orange/Riverside/San Bernardino counties (“more,” my husband adds, “if there’s something interesting in your area!”), or of course you could collect it at your convenience.  It fit in the back of my ’96 Honda Pilot.

My album of the inn in its original-to-me state is here –

https://forum.greenleafdollhouses.com/gallery/album/7947-golden-lion-inn-original-state/

and the album of my renovations-so-far is here –

https://forum.greenleafdollhouses.com/gallery/album/8276-hardy-house/

golden lion inn february 2017.jpg

18 hours ago, Bluestocking said:

I can hang on to it for a while if you're serious!

Jeanne, you're a sweetie to offer, but please, if you find a good home for it nearby, do let it go. I'm afraid mine is a pipe dream. It will have to remain the one that spoke to my heart but got away. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OMG! I LOVE it! I am in Desert Hot Springs and would joyfully make the trip! I have been building and creating for over 40 years and I still own every single place in my own "community." What a lovely addition this would make. I am completely interested!  Michael