The canterbury house

Angelrose70

Is ir a wall and floor, or floor and windows?  The Coventry Cottage second floor tabs were the sills for the windows on that floor, and getting those together was like inserting a key (the window sills tabs) into a lock (the window openings) and turning them so that they all pointed the correct way so they would fit together.

Hi Lesleyann,

I have an almost complete Canterbury, and if I am remembering correctly, the pieces 1 and 3 seem to just flop around, go ahead and do step 2. The directions even state that the assembly is floppy. Then go too step 3 of the tower front. At this point I could see how the rest of the house went together and I started to glue before I completed the dry fit.  Also, sanding the slot and enlarging it might help it slide together. I had to enlarge a lot of the holes and whittle down the tabs quite a bit on the whole house. Don't worry too much about how the tight the tabs fit into a slot, just make sure the assembly is square and true.