Barbara Fales previous owner of The Dollhouse Corner in Delray Beach sadly passed away on Saturday. I don’t have any other details. It was before I became an active miniaturists that I would peruse her shop and marvel at all the miniature vignettes, dollhouses and other assorted items filling her glass display cases. Unfortunately, the Delray Beach location’s rent  became outrageously expensive so she retired and closed the business about 10 ? years ago. I knew her from our mini group, Les Petits of South Florida in Boca Raton. She was one of the sweetest women I’ve ever met. Always a kind word about everyone. She is missed. 

• Like 2

It's so sad that our hobby has gotten so expensive that brick & mortar stores can no longer make it, and it is truly sad to lose a fellow miniaturist.  Are Ron's and Nancy's our only mini shops left in FL?

Nancy’s has been gone for about 7 years. The Toy Box in Cocoa Beach is a wonderful shop and is part of the cruise line favorites since it’s located in a tourist village      located just a few miles from the port.