Little People

LizCob

I'm working on my first dollhouse and I've been extremely impressed with the realism of the house and contents available.  But I"m surprised to see the lack of doll quality.  I see poor quality dolls with oversized clothing.  Nothing good enough to actually LIVE in these beautiful doll houses.  Can anyone tell  me where you can find quality dolls suitable to these beautiful creations?

5 hours ago, LizCob said:

...where you can find quality dolls suitable to these beautiful creations?

I make mine, but they aren't beautiful, because I try to make them look like people I see out in public.  We have members who make even better, more realistic dolls, like our own JoMed and also member Sherri Colvin:  https://minidollkit.com/colvin-dolls, and that's just the ones I can remember who are here.  There are also Jodie & Richard CreagerJulie Campbell and one of my personal favorites, James Carrington (you did say quality).

Edited by havanaholly
  • Like 1

I guess I'm going the other way from realism; I've been interested lately in getting a kit (bust, arms, legs) for a vintage-look miniature porcelain doll-- sort of like Jane in Beatrix Potter's Tale of Two Bad Mice-- the type with the painted porcelain hair. Will probably have to look on eBay.

https://minidollkit.com/gallery.asp

Minidoll kits are nice. 

KIT-ELSIE-1.jpg

I also like the Marcia Backstrom dolls, and there are some nicely done versions mass produced by Falcon you can still find out there. BUt the prettiest ones are the ones she made and sometimes they appear on ebay:

75869802_1_x.jpg?auto=webp&format=pjpg&v

Edited by Elsbeth

10 hours ago, rbytsdy said:

I guess I'm going the other way from realism; I've been interested lately in getting a kit (bust, arms, legs) for a vintage-look miniature porcelain doll-- sort of like Jane in Beatrix Potter's Tale of Two Bad Mice-- the type with the painted porcelain hair. Will probably have to look on eBay.

There was an ebay seller who sold vintage looking china head dollhouse sized dolls...I bought some and love them. I like that look too! I also have enjoyed the Erna Meyer dolls - they have a soft vintage look.

But I love the antique look of the china head dolls:

il_794xN.1467931317_s7vs.jpg