Hi from England - Staffordshire

LynnH

Hello All, I'm Lynn and I have just started a Corona Concepts Buttercup 1:12 scale which I picked up on Ebay. I did the initial dry fit this evening just thinking about ideas of how to decorate it. I have a very modern Dolls House Emporium house ( Waterside 123) which I am working on as well but I am waiting for some furniture and have kind of reached a creative block on it so I decided to make a start on the Buttercup to see if it kicks me into action. I also work better when I have at least 2 projects on the go!  I am thinking of a little flint cottage or maybe a coffee shop...for the buttercup...can't quite decide!  Love looking at all your projects and picking up hints and tips. 

Welcome to the little family, Lynn.  Many, many years ago there used to be a website of all the different ways people had built and finished the Buttercup.  In the first Hallowe'en edition of American Miniaturist Magazine (published even then by Ashdown, out of the UK) someone had bashed two Buttercups together and inhabited it with a skeleton biker gang.  The Buttercup was my first CC/ Greenleaf kit build, and I haven't looked back.

Hi Lynn, welcome! I like having a couple of projects going at once too. I'm building a coffee shop out of a GL Primrose. Have fun with your Buttercup, hope it gets those creative juices flowing again! I have that kit in my stash it is going to be an ice cream parlor one day.