Gluing Victoria's Farmhouse clapboard to side of wall

I painted all of the clapboard pieces, but now realize that there are two instances where I will need to glue a wall to this outer clapboard: the lower right side (that has the door and window) and upper right side (the double window) get glued to the clapboard of the gable's lower and upper right side pieces.

Do I need to sand the paint off the 3/8" of clapboard of the gable right lower and upper clapboard pieces to get the lower and upper right side pieces to glue to them? Or will it glue anyway, despite the paint?

8 hours ago, KathieB said:

It's easier to take a bit of time and do some sanding now than wait to make repairs should the glue-on-paint let loose on down the road.

I also just realized I also didn't leave bare MDF around the doors and windows for trim and shutters, but every other documented Victoria's Farmhouse construction I have seen have also completely painted the clapboard. 

Before I try sanding all of these spots, is there any glue that will adhere to paint? Would Quick Grip work on a painted surface?

Quick Grip or any white glue (except Elmer's School glue) will probably work. But I'd still hit the spots to be glued with a light sanding to rough up the surface a bit and give the glue something to grab. It could go quickly if you use an emery board. 

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

Quick Grip or any white glue (except Elmer's School glue) will probably work. But I'd still hit the spots to be glued with a light sanding to rough up the surface a bit and give the glue something to grab. It could go quickly if you use an emery board. 

Ah, an emory board is a great idea, thank you!

10 hours ago, Silvergirlsails said:

Ah, an emory board is a great idea, thank you!

They are useful for sanding in tight places. I sometimes split them lengthwise to fit into really tight spaces. I buy large bundles of them at a dollar store.