The not so Haunted house

nuttiwebgal

this yr I finally was able to do something I have wanted to do since I started building and that was to donate a house to the local police dept for their annual Christmas Party for under privledged kids.

and this is my house:

post-9-1163663023_thumb.jpg post-9-1163663042_thumb.jpg

now I have also made an album and when you view those pics you will see some of my Gf art work!

she did some wonderful stuff for me in about 30 mins.

now I get to decorate and funish it.....oh and pay no attention to all the areas that need white paint

someone forgot to get some :doh::)

nutti ;) :banana:

Oh Nutti, this house is an absolute darling, looooove that roof! It is gorgeous and I think that with your donating it for such a worthy cause, wow, someone is going to be veeeeery happy with this one for sure!

:)

Hugs

Nutti,

That is the most precious house. Do you really think anyone but yourself will notice the places that need white paint? Had to do back and have a second look to find them. :) I love the window treatment in the upstairs room and the side wall in the other upstairs room. Did you do it or your gf? How was it done?

Nutti, I just love your NOT so haunted house especially the roof it is darling.Iam currently building my haunted house and so far its white with red trim and I cant wait to get it finished Iam haveing trouble decideing on what wallpaper to use but Iam sure I will figure it out soon. It is going to my friend for a christmas present.Please tell us how you painted the roof I love the looks of it.

ty all for the sweet words about my little house.

I love the window treatment in the upstairs room and the side wall in the other upstairs room.

not sure what you mean...the big flowers is a piece of scrapbook paper. used in both rooms.

the little flowers in the window room matched the big flowers .

my GF did all the artwork on the outside of the house.

the roof is painted with the never ending supply of textured paint made with sand by me

than I sponged the dark blue and the light blue on it and finished it off with some sparkles

although I do no think that shows up very well.

nutti :)

donate a house to the local police dept

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Nutti! (dancing around the room, a NOT pretty sight) I shall no longer wrack my poor old brain over how to take the Storybook Cottage's second floor out to bash it to 1:24, I'll fix it and take it in to our cop shop bfor Toys for Tots! Girl, you are too brilliant by half!

So have you started your pink one yet?

I decided against it!

I have too many irons in my fire so I thought I would do it for next yr.

same house different look.

and I am not done with this house...just the build

I am making furniture and will hang curtains and add lil touches to make it extra special.

I also am including one of my 1$ HL doll so it can be played with imediatly.

nutti :wub:

Great Job Nutti!!! Love your roof!! Almost looks prismatic! And I love the paint job...trees painted directly on the house...how creative! I don't think that any little girl wouldn't be thrilled down to the tips of her toes to get a house like this!! Kudos to you!

Disaster! :queen: :jump:

all the work on my lovely wood floors was wasted. today I went to hang curtains and there was 65% of the floor curling upwards....and it REFUSED to lay down correctly. so at this moment my DH is scraping 2 days of worry and 4 hours of work into the trash :w00t: :p

after I sand it I will lay the same carpet that I put in the bedroom down. pffft! :wave:

oh well I did learn I could do it and next time I will use better gluing techniques. so it wasnt all for nothing!

and no I didnt take photos because I dint think of it till I was already ripping it out.

disgusted in Missouri

Oh no Nutti, but then again that carpet will also look lovley. And you did get a beautiful flooring at first :wub:

Like the sound of your interior decoration plans!

Hugs

Holly Im not sure what happened

I gues not enough glue...I asked what kind of glue before I did it but not how to apply it.

so I will try again on another house...or just go back to my favorite and that is to just stain the floors as they are. most of the wood floors of these kits are fab!

If you do decide to try laying flooring strips, what worked for me was to paint the plywood with rubber cement and then paint the flooring strip with it, too. When the flooring cement felt tacky I laid it on the floor and burnished it (rubed it hard along its length) with the back of the bowl of an old tablespoon. Then I set a stack of nursing textbooks on it for a couple of days. Once the floor was laid I stained & sanded & all that good stuff. I started scribing hardwood floors when I ran out of flooring strips.