I purchased my first kit.  This project will be a challenge in itself.  The instructions and the box are from the 70's.   I paid 50 through the FB marketplace.  I so far have read over the instructions, sorted, counted,  inventory (still not done), watching youtube videos and reading forums.  I welcome any advice , feedback, encouragement etc.  Thank you in advance! Carmen

Welcome Carmen! Does your kit or instruction sheet have a name or model number for the house? There are specific blogs on here for many different houses. Another helpful site is moreminis.blogspot.com if it is a Greenleaf kit. Plus there are a bunch of talented folks that are great at answering questions in this group!!!! Welcome aboard. 

Hi FurMama! Thank you for the greeting and the information.  I will followup on that.  The kit is Dura-Craft FH 500 Farm House   Apparantly Dura-Craft is no longer in the dollhouse business.  But the 100's of pieces and instructions all seem to be intact!  I can see how this site will be a wonderful resource! 

Welcome to the little family, Carmen.  My first dollhouse kit was the Dura-Craft San Franciscan, the SF555 version.  As long as you have the instructions booklet you should be good to go.  I do miss that Dura-Craft is no longer in business, because my second kit was also one of theirs and they would replace missing or damaged pieces free of charge.

My daughter has the same Duracraft Farm house, she got it from someone on FB, its literally falling apart...shook all the way home and many more parts fell off during the short drive. It looks like it was loved once but maybe the wrong glue was used? I built her a new base because the one it came with had bowed badly. Anyway, looks like it will be a fun project. I'd insert a picture but I don't know how to edit my size down for the size limit.

Edited by Mom2DandM
6 hours ago, Mom2DandM said:

maybe the wrong glue was used?

Sounds like a hot glue hot mess. Use a wood glue for the rehab to prevent this happening again down the road.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I was wonder if I could get some help. I was given a Duracraft by 600, a Victorian Farmhouse for Christmas. It is falling apart, and I am very inexperienced at this, but I’m gonna try to do repairs. One of my issues is it is missing a.part of the roof, it’s shaped like a cone, it’s on one corner of the house. I don’t know what it’s called, but I’m wondering how I could purchase that? I just don’t know what to do.