• 2 weeks later...

Well, guess that depends on the builder! 

Generally speaking I can construct a house in a week or two, but that is a straight-forward, uncomplicated house with generic finishing required.  It can take months to meticulously paint trims, assemble windows and stair components, and create all of the other wonderful features of the Brookwood.  Take your time and do each step to the best of your ability.  It will be worth the effort!

Kathryn, it depends on how beautiful you want your house to look and what the house itself wants.  We aren't in a race to build these houses.  When I was building kits to blog for the Building Team I could finish  dollhouse in two or three weeks (except the Glencroft, because for three months I was building it in an RV camper).

• 1 month later...

Once you've built the center piece (3 story fireplace) the rest goes pretty quick. You'll build the two end pieces separately and then attach them at the end, so those can be built simultaneously if you're in a hurry :-)