Witch's Vineyard Cottage Is Complete and Gone!

madtex1967

So, after a year plus of a "quick build", it is finally finished.  Since being furloughed because of Covid, I had the time to finish up the cottage.  It was a fun build and I am proud of the way it turned out. 

My sister was visiting last week from Missouri, and when she saw it, she fell in love with it.  She is not one for miniatures, but all she could do was stare at it and look at all the details.  I knew then she had to bring it home with her.  I really had no place for it.  It was a labor of love, so who better to give it to!

• Like 4

Wonderful! You brought back a fond memory for me...my brother was visiting and fell in love with my Spring Fling entry “Smokey's Place.” He couldn’t stop staring at it, so I knew he had to have it. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Oh wow!  This is simply WONDERFUL!  I love so much how you decorated it!  

I am nearing completion of my 1/24 scale Fairfield and bought a Vineyard Cottage a few years ago as my next project.  I liked the fact that it is smaller in footprint than many of the 1/12 scale houses.  But now I am seeing it really only has 3 rooms.  Was adding the bathroom extension to yours reasonably easy to do?  And from the construction of it, do you think it would be possible to extend the 2nd story floor across the rest of the upper section to add more space or another room up there?  Thanks for any insights!  

Andrea 

15 hours ago, astoppani said:

Oh wow!  This is simply WONDERFUL!  I love so much how you decorated it!  

I am nearing completion of my 1/24 scale Fairfield and bought a Vineyard Cottage a few years ago as my next project.  I liked the fact that it is smaller in footprint than many of the 1/12 scale houses.  But now I am seeing it really only has 3 rooms.  Was adding the bathroom extension to yours reasonably easy to do?  And from the construction of it, do you think it would be possible to extend the 2nd story floor across the rest of the upper section to add more space or another room up there?  Thanks for any insights!  

Andrea 

Thank you so much for the compliments!  It was so much fun to build and create the cottage.

The bathroom was an easy add to the kit.  I cut the door on the side for the room access.  The room itself is made of Foam Core Board, then covered in scribed sheets on the inside and board and batten on the outside.  You would be able to extend the floor across for more room.  I had given this some thought for the bathroom, but I wanted to keep the open living area.  If you are hesitant to use the 1/8" plywood for the additions, you could use FC Board or Gator board for the floor.  I would then use trim to cover the difference in the floor thickness.  By doing this, you could easily move the staircase and even the wall between the downstairs rooms.  Let your imagination go wild!

On 10/15/2021 at 7:55 AM, madtex1967 said:

Thank you so much for the compliments!  It was so much fun to build and create the cottage.

The bathroom was an easy add to the kit.  I cut the door on the side for the room access.  The room itself is made of Foam Core Board, then covered in scribed sheets on the inside and board and batten on the outside.  You would be able to extend the floor across for more room.  I had given this some thought for the bathroom, but I wanted to keep the open living area.  If you are hesitant to use the 1/8" plywood for the additions, you could use FC Board or Gator board for the floor.  I would then use trim to cover the difference in the floor thickness.  By doing this, you could easily move the staircase and even the wall between the downstairs rooms.  Let your imagination go wild!

Thank you so much for these tips!  I was pondering what to use for the addition or extra floor, and your suggestions are great!