Electrifying Front-Opening Dollhouse

Brezavaqt

I have searched the forums and cannot find the answer, so here I am!

Hi Everyone!!!

I am working on a front-opening Country Victorian dollhouse. When I received it, someone had already wired the front opening with the tapewire and made sure that it was connected to the hinges.  Now, my issue is, I have no clue as to how to start the regular tapewire process and how to connect the two.  Do I go ahead and put the junction splice and tapewire in the house as normal, but connect the new tapewire run to the hinges that already have the tapewire?   

I checked the handy dandy Greenleaf Gazette and only see an article for hybrid wiring and not tapewiring with a front opening-like how do you start after the front-opening has already been done?

Here are pics of what I mean...

Thanks everyone, truly appreciated. I can't continue to put this house together for my cousin until I get it wired correctly!! :-) *And I am up for the challenge!!!

**I hope this makes sense!

Bre

106492670_2361071310853970_1944229538101239441_n.jpg

81372177_2361071290853972_4036335234718975837_n.jpg

Edited by Brezavaqt

I am stumped!

Why would you even need to have the tape wire on the front door??? Strange. Are there lights on the front of the house? That must be the reason.

I suggest you contact Carl at https://cr2s.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

You might try to call first as he usually answers. He can give you some advice.

I was stumped at first too but then I started thinking about it... would the metal hinge work to conduct electricity from the tape wire on the inside of the house to the tape wire on the front of the house? If that actually works, it's genius!

I think this is the article you're talking about: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/dollhouse_news/FEB2009/how-to-light-a-dollhouse.html

From your second picture it looks like there is a strip of flat copper connecting each side of the tape wire to one of the hinges. You can connect a piece of tapewire inside the house to the hinges the same way (you'll need to drill a hole in the floor in order to make the two sides meet up). That being said, if the only reason to have tape wire on the front panel is to power an outside light, it might be easier to use a battery powered light.

• Like 2