Meetings from inside my dollhouse

Tigpuppy

I work in IT and I'm WAY too entertained by the fact that I can now make it appear as though I am holding all of my work meetings/conference calls from within any room of my dollhouse that I choose thanks to a recent software upgrade.

Meeting2.jpg

• Like 4

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 8:48 AM, Call Me Crazy said:

Has anyone mistaken it for your "real" home? 

YES!  And I love it!!!  It has always been my goal to have people not be able to tell if pictures of it ares life sized or mini sized.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow thats clever! I'm totally stealing this idea thank you! I'm going to take pics of myself and put them in my houses - I've always wanted to live in my beach house LOL. I love when people can't tell the difference in photos that its a dollhouse, to me that means I've succeeded.

• Like 1

When friend Norma Jeane and I finished up a donated dollhouse for a hospital auction, we included a framed miniature photo of us displayed on a dresser in one of the bedrooms.

See it here. :)  Hard to believe that was 14 years ago. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KathieB said:

When friend Norma Jeane and I finished up a donated dollhouse for a hospital auction, we included a framed miniature photo of us displayed on a dresser in one of the bedrooms.

See it here. :)  Hard to believe that was 14 years ago. 

"Number One Ladies Construction and Interior Design Company"; y'all aren't Alexander McCall Smith fans, by any chance...  Love Lloyd's sculpture in the second bedroom.

6 hours ago, havanaholly said:

"Number One Ladies Construction and Interior Design Company"; y'all aren't Alexander McCall Smith fans, by any chance...  Love Lloyd's sculpture in the second bedroom.

Guilty as charged! We're both huge McCall fans.  Yes, Lloyd's sculpture was a nice touch. There are some other "Easter eggs" planted around the house. We had fun doing this house, and I learned a lot from working with NJ and her husband who had a couple of very nice houses under their belts. 

6 hours ago, Mineejv said:

What a beautiful room, I love that bedroom furniture...Do you happen to know who made the vanity? The Bureau looks like a Sonia Messer?

Sorry, I can't identify the furniture. This was my first venture into miniatures. It never occurred to me that who made the furniture would be important. The retired dentist who started the house decided he liked making the furniture more than building the house, which is why he donated the half-finished structure to the hospital. Much of the furniture was made from kits, and we also received ready-made furnishings he'd collected towards decorating. If I recall correctly, his sister made a quilt, etc.