fov

Dollhouse camp

I just read about a local summer camp program called Design Your Dream House (ages 8-14):

Starting with a plain wooden dollhouse, campers will spend each morning designing, painting, wallpapering, flooring, roofing, creating furniture, and accessories, even the people and animals to live in their house. The afternoons will be filled with other arts and crafts choices including painting unique acrylic pictures in the theme of the week, making jewelry, puffy slime, pom-pom pets, soap, hand-knit scarves, dream catchers, string art, and more.

How do I sign up?!

(The flyer said that social distancing will be followed. I'm not sure I agree with the idea of summer camps happening right now, but this sounds like so much fun, I would have loved going to dollhouse camp as a kid!)

WHERE?  I wanna play!!!  If there had been camps like these I couldn't have gone anyway; my parents couldn't have afforded it.

I was not sent to camp as a child because my mother and her 2 sisters were sent and were super homesick. The story goes that when they saw each other during various activities, the youngest one would start to cry. I think they were only there for one or two weeks. They never went again! I sent my kids and they loved going. 

I would love to attend this camp, though. I wonder if they need a volunteer to help the staff? 

I am a 4-H leader in my county.  This is a FABULOUS idea!  I'm going to pass this idea on as a suggestion because we are always looking for fun activities for kids.

I wanna go!! My younger brother and I didn’t like summer camp. We went for 2 weeks and she was using us as babysitters for the kids younger than us.Wish we had something like this.

Using a simple house kit, like the Primrose, would make this a perfect week-long project. :) 

This is so weird! I just got back from a vacation. Part of it was spent with another home economics teacher. I was sharing with her my new found love of building d ollhouses and was telling her how much of our content I use to build a dollhouse. One of the areas we can teach is interior design.  Another is personal environment. So I told her i might do a unit where the kids final project would be creating a room box. But they would have to design and print their own wallpaper, flooring, etc. Another idea I had was to do a after school club to completing a kit and donating to a children's hospital.

• Like 2