Sign in to follow this  
LeeB

Wallpaper problem

Last week, after a spell of very humid weather, I noticed that some of the wallpaper in a house I had already completed months ago was damp. :( The only reason I can imagine is that it absorbed the moisture from the air. The house is in my dining room on a window seat, not in a basement or close to anything that would give off steam or excessive mist or dampness. After several days of drier weather, the wallpaper seems to be dry as normal again. :unsure:

Every room in this house has some wallpaper in it, if not the whole room done with it. But only a certain type of paper was affected. The walls I did with scrapbook paper and the borders i printed myself were fine. The only walls that soaked up the moisture were ones covered with gift-wrap. I had not sprayed it with sealer because i thought the glossy surface indicated that it would not bleed or smudge from the wallpaper paste I used to apply it. Maybe i should have sealed it against moisture. Who knew? :dunno:

Has this ever happened to anyone else? What did you do about it? Do you think spraying it now will prevent this from happening again? Any other ideas? :sad?:

49 minutes ago, LeeB said:

Do you think spraying it now will prevent this from happening again?

When it is thoroughly dry I would give it a couple light sprays to seal the surface.