Electrifying/Wiring - NEW ZEALAND

JayNZ

Hi there,

Wondering if anybody from New Zealand or even Australia has any tips on where to buy wiring kits/supplies including transformer.

I was looking at buying a Cir-Kit Concepts kit from overseas - does anybody know if this works fine in NZ?

Any help much appreciated! I'm a newbie when it comes to dollhouse lighting.

7 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Rebecca is one of our resident Kiwis and should be better able to answer your question.

Thanks Holly!!

Hi Jacinta.  One problem we have currently is how long things are taking to get to NZ from the US and UK.  I believe the Cir-Kit kits are from the US in which case you may also need to purchase a transformer and/or adapter plus you're likely to be waiting to receive it for a couple of months.  Personally I have bought about 100 GOR (grain of rice - size) LEDs from Aliexpress with which I create my own lights.  I solder those to tape wire normally on the bottom of the building and from the tape wire I'll solder a battery pack which holds 2 AA batteries and this is enough to run a small house.

You can buy electrical supplies from places like Jaycar or Trademe. Alternatively you can purchase from dollhouse shops.  I tend to buy a lot from Jo - In Miniature in Hamilton.  

http://www.in-miniature.co.nz/lighting/

She has a good selection of ready made lighting as well as bulbs, wire, tape-wire etc.  Jo is also fantastic at answering questions.  I'm probably better able to help via email in order to share pics etc.  Message me on here by hovering over my name to the left and pressing the envelope.  If you're happy to send me your email I can send some more relevant info.  Hope this helps!

10 hours ago, Shareb said:

Thanks Holly!!

Hi Jacinta.  One problem we have currently is how long things are taking to get to NZ from the US and UK.  I believe the Cir-Kit kits are from the US in which case you may also need to purchase a transformer and/or adapter plus you're likely to be waiting to receive it for a couple of months.  Personally I have bought about 100 GOR (grain of rice - size) LEDs from Aliexpress with which I create my own lights.  I solder those to tape wire normally on the bottom of the building and from the tape wire I'll solder a battery pack which holds 2 AA batteries and this is enough to run a small house.

You can buy electrical supplies from places like Jaycar or Trademe. Alternatively you can purchase from dollhouse shops.  I tend to buy a lot from Jo - In Miniature in Hamilton.  

http://www.in-miniature.co.nz/lighting/

She has a good selection of ready made lighting as well as bulbs, wire, tape-wire etc.  Jo is also fantastic at answering questions.  I'm probably better able to help via email in order to share pics etc.  Message me on here by hovering over my name to the left and pressing the envelope.  If you're happy to send me your email I can send some more relevant info.  Hope this helps!

Thank you! I'm not too worried about waiting for the postage I just don't want to spend over $100 and have something not work! I've heard back from Cir-Kit Concepts and they said that the kits won't work in New Zealand so I guess I just need to buy the items that make up the kit locally and individually. I'll send you my email! 

• Like 1