Meeting other dollhouse miniaturists in my area

Lani

I live in the Puget Sound region of Washington state and would love to connect in person with other dollhouse miniaturists (when our governor gives the okay).  For those of you who have found your local dollhouse community, what advice can you give me to "find my people?"  Also, I plan to explore ways I can make dollhouses for charity - maybe join a group that does that.  If you have any information to help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

When my hubs and I first retired we hooked up our RV and traveled a good bit, and met a few members of this forum family; and I cannot stress too much just how much a family this group is!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

I cannot stress too much just how much a family this group is!

I've also been blessed to meet many forum members and can attest to the closeness of this group, both on and off line. Much credit goes to our host Dean and the administrators, who foster a positive environment with the utmost kindness, respect, and inclusiveness -- an atmosphere the rest of the internet would do well to emulate. :) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KathieB said:

...foster a positive environment with the utmost kindness, respect, and inclusiveness -- an atmosphere the rest of the internet would do well to emulate. :) 

The whole world should emulate, IMHO.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 5:27 PM, KathieB said:

When I'm researching a particular period, I search out life size rooms and use my miniature eyes to study them for details. :) 

On 6/26/2020 at 7:48 PM, Mid-life madness said:

https://miniatures.org/

N.A.M.E. would be a good place to start. They will have info on where your local groups meet etc.

I'm a little confused on how the technology works on the forum.  Mid-life madness, thank you so much for recommending NAME!  I joined the Facebook group and have been very warmly welcomed!  I love it and love seeing what everyone is doing.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 5:11 AM, havanaholly said:

When my hubs and I first retired we hooked up our RV and traveled a good bit, and met a few members of this forum family; and I cannot stress too much just how much a family this group is!

Havanaholly, I just joined the NAME Facebook page and am finding out first-hand how welcoming and encouraging everyone is.  I look forward to meeting those in my area and, maybe someday, traveling to meet others like you have.  Thanks!

14 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Lani, if you ever feel the urge to visit FL after the pandemic is over with, and come diagonally so that you enter FL through Alabama, you are certainly welcome to visit!

Havanaholly, How kind of you!  I would love that and keep that in mind.  Same goes to you.  I live near Seattle, WA.