Is this a characteristic of a RGT dollhouse?

I am trying to figure out if a house I recently bought is scratch built or a kit from RGT.  The previous owner added trim to the front edges of the plywood of the floors, but didn't cover where the walls intersected with the floors.  The picture on the top shows how the floors are joined to the outer walls (inserted into a groove of some sort).  The picture on the bottom shows how the inside walls just get sandwiched between the floors.  Can anyone with a RGT dollhouse tell me if this is a common way that they make them? 

Thanks!

IMG_4714.jpg

IMG_4716.jpg

Edited by Tigpuppy
Misspelling correction

• 5 months later...

I have a RGT "Simplicity" dollhouse - the floors are fitted into grooves similar to your house. The width of the walls and the slope of the roof look like typical RGT houses. The front door and 2nd floor window/shutters are identical to the ones on my house (and I have an old RGT catalog that shows them.)  The dormer windows are identical to the ones on RGT houses.  On the other hand, the first floor three-sided windows don't look like anything RGT makes and the placement of the stairs is odd (RGT houses typically have staircases directly in a line going up.)  Having three, rather than the two typical dormer windows, is unusual.  Maybe a basic RGT house that has been very much customized?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 6/18/2020 at 5:33 PM, Sable said:

I need to see a photo of the house. I personally cover all edges with channel trim. It give it a nice finished look. 

While reading this thread you happened to answer another question I had in the back of my head... what trim covers the edges on the front of the house for a more polished look. :) yay!!!  channel trim!

• 2 years later...

I'm looking at the space above the 3rd floor to the bottom of the eave at the back, and it looks like there's a kneewall at the front that matches that amount of space.  That's not a dimension of any of the Real Good Toys' Dollhouse Center colonials (which  is what has many similarities to this house)  There are a great number of similarities... the layout of the front, the colonial addition, the dormers (while an old style for Real Good Toys, this style dormer could have been pre '88) as well as the grooved construction (which became the norm after '88, so for Real Good Toys, those would have been different eras).  I am inspired by jdodyd's post about the Simplicity, though... that could certainly be a Simplicity addition, and the Simplicity floor-to-ceiling is 9" so, if it is a Simplicity addition, that seems to match the house floor-to-ceiling suggesting it too is 9", and the Dollhouse Center houses made by Real Good Toys had 9 7/16 floor-to-ceilings. There are more nit-picky things, but the bottom line is that it is a well-made house and one worthy of ownership.

Edited by doc
it's always good to finish with a compliment