egirrrl

Two-sided Dollhouse - Tape Wire Advice Needed :)

I'm updating my childhood dollhouse (Stanley Colonial) and using tape wire for the first time. I could really use some advice :)

This is a large, two-sided dollhouse and would appreciate your thoughts on how best to run the main line to get to both sides. I'm planning to add a false-bottom that the main line can come up from.

Also of note..the chimney is essentially a large hole that goes straight down until it hits the thick wood base. Wondering if this would be the best place to come up from the false bottom. There are 7 fireplaces, but I'm thinking maybe the fireplace on the back side would be good to light up since it's the only visible one.

Photos show the dollhouse with doors and roof off.

I'm hoping to get all the tape wire set-up then work on one side so that my niece can start playing with it while I finish the opposite side. 

1 hour ago, egirrrl said:

...Photos show the dollhouse with doors and roof off...

Where?

Sorry...first time posting :)

Back:

dollhouse-back.thumb.jpg.ced561464f49fe78a26b6ad59d654f8c.jpg

Front:

dollhouse-front.thumb.jpg.81e77923cfabd7e7ae47ff46598dbf24.jpg

• Like 1

You can post an introduction in the Newcomers' Forum while you're waiting for someone to weigh in; I don't wire my houses.

Amazing house. I’ll find a great tapewire video for you.

Best tapewire video:

• Like 1

Thanks so much Sable. Do you have any advice on placement of master wire/main line in  a way that would be accessible to both the front and back of the dollhouse? I've read that it's best to go up from the bottom, up one side, across the top and back down the other side as a main loop as it's supposed to hold up better?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JenColes
      Good day! This is my first post in the forum - go easy on me!
      I'm an absolute beginner, currently building a 1:18 scale recreation of a local heritage house that was torn down 4 years ago. So far things are going well, but like MANY miniature newbies, I am absolutely confused by the wiring aspect of the build.
      I have done as much internet research and forum reading as I can, but I'm still not sure if I'm doing the correct thing.
      So, here it goes. These are my supplies:
      Cir-Kit Basic Wiring Kit
      Transformer (FIFODR® 12V 5A 60W DC Power Supply Adapter(Input 110V-220V,Output 12 Volt 5 Amp 60 Watt) DC Converter LED Driver Lighting Transformer for 12V 5A Flexible/Rigid 5050/3528/2835/5630/5730 LED Tape Strip Light FD-ADP60W)
      Lights (Pre Wired DC 9-12V 3mm Water Clear LED Diodes White Light)
      First question: Will the lights I purchased work with the tape wire kit?
      Second question: I will obviously need to purchase extension wire for the lights - what type of wire am I looking for?
      Third question: My house is mostly foam core on the inside, but the outside walls will be wood. I'm thinking of only installing the tape wire to the wood outer structure and laying/hiding the wire through the house, linking to the outside tape wire (does that make sense?). Will that work?
      Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!
      Cheers
      Jen
    • By Lita
      I am making my first try at electrical wiring and was really hoping to find a drawing of the dollhouse that I could use to draw my dimensions and measurements on, rather than creating one from scratch on graph paper. Alas, the directions for the Beachside Bungalow do not have a suitable drawing that I could copy to draw on. Is there some resource somewhere where I could find something I could work with? I would like to have a permanent record of where the tapewire is located to avoid haphazardly poking holes in the wallpaper later on.
      Thanks to anyone that can offer some perspective or ideas!
    • By Gramma Pam
      Help! I took on the wiring of my Fairfield dollhouse. The problem is with where to put the wires on the lights & the tapewires. I have looked at the house over & over. I just can’t figure out a way to make it work!
    • By Mid-life madness
      I swear, I make more work for myself. It has just been a lousy week for me. My minis were my best consolation until this mishap. I was trimming the wallpaper around the window openings when I cut the wires to one of my sconces. #$%^!!!!!!!  If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. WWWell I just wanted to commiserate with you all. I think I fixed it, but now I hope I have extra wall paper I was able to reattach the wires and use some heat shrink tube!.
    • By KouweDollhouse
      Hello Everyone!
      I just discovered this forum and am so grateful! I am remodeling my childhood dollhouse that my dad made for me. I have cleared out the entire house of everything including wallpaper and flooring. I have left the existing electric tape and would like to add on to it seeing as though it still works. I bought the blue and copper tape wire to use throughout the house and am wondering how to attach it to the existing tape wire which is two copper pieces (no blue piece). Is it possible? I assume there is a way. 
      I have also purchased brads to use in connecting them. From reading some other posts am I correct in thinking I should purchase eyelets instead?
      Thank you, Kouwe