Can I get opinions on this CL listing?

LiliPutian

I hope it's okay to post the link rather than pics...

This exact dollhouse (front opening) is on my local CL...I was wondering what you all thought of it?  

I'm new to this but have been entranced by miniatures forever, it seems.  I'm currently messing around with my daughters old, cheap, dollhouse just for a fun project, so do I *need* this?   Nope.  But it has more rooms and it looks like it has lights, (but they may just be decorative--I haven't asked yet).  I checked online and couldn't find this one, or any variation in kit form...

Anyway, I just wanted opinions...The CL posting only has a couple bad pics hence this link: https://www.meadowlandsmuseum.com/past-events  The house is about half way down. 

THANK YOU so much whoever wants to comment--any and all appreciated :)

ETA furnishing are NOT included...

Edited by LiliPutian

36 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

It is a lovely house.....for me, the price would be the final determining factor. What are they asking for it?

Hi Carrie...thanks for asking.

They only want 60 for it, no furnishings and the stairs seem to be missing. 

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Just me, but is there some reason you don't want to go for one of Greenleaf's gorgeous houses and build it yourself?

Some of us are builders, some of us are decorators, some of us are collectors, and some of us carry bits of all of those genes on our miniature DNA helix. :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Just me, but is there some reason you don't want to go for one of Greenleaf's gorgeous houses and build it yourself?

I agree, Holly, they are gorgeous.  So many dollhouses are...but I don't see many for 60 dollars :) 

$60 seems  about right. It looks like MDF to me. It will be heavy..There is no internal door downstairs (that always bugs me),  But there is one upstairs, so that's good. I like that it has stairs going to the attic - that is not common. You'll need to fix up all the stairs. But $60 seems good - and you can add a cute conservatory or green house off to the side. I think the floors are printed and not real wood.

Yes - go get it. You can start furnishing it right away and having fun!

Edited by Elsbeth

• 5 weeks later...