Mini iris

IndyCindy

mini_iris.jpg.5d7d6f1d2f82ac398347220f4457c242.jpg

I am giddy over the miniature iris I just finished making from a kit. (Now to make the other 5!)  So fun and satisfying when something turns out better than you expect! :) I've said it before, and I'll say it again - miniatures = the best hobby!!! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Nice, Cynthia!  Are they paper?  I have some a member made me using fine wire and glue.

Hi Holly! Yes, they are made from paper. I found the kit on Etsy from Moonflower Miniatures. Much easier to assemble than I had anticipated. 

OK, I have to ask, because Nutti's glue irises don't have the ruffles on the petals; what kind of paper does the kit contain?  That is so totally awesome!  (Many years ago I used to grow irises).

11 hours ago, havanaholly said:

OK, I have to ask, because Nutti's glue irises don't have the ruffles on the petals; what kind of paper does the kit contain?  That is so totally awesome!  (Many years ago I used to grow irises).

I think it’s some kind of crepe paper - very thin, but durable. Whatever it is, it cups like magic when you shape it with a ball stylus. Each bloom is constructed of nine petals total. All you need to complete the kit is tacky glue, a ball stylus and tweezers. 

I had a rather sentimental reason for wanting irises in the first place. They remind me of my grandpa, who grew a very impressive collection. I remember he even painted little markers for each one with its hybrid name. 

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 3:33 PM, IndyCindy said:

Hi Holly! Yes, they are made from paper. I found the kit on Etsy from Moonflower Miniatures. Much easier to assemble than I had anticipated. 

I can't find a shop with this name on Etsy.  Would love to buy some similar kits.  Any idea if they still exist?

13 minutes ago, Tigpuppy said:

I can't find a shop with this name on Etsy.  Would love to buy some similar kits.  Any idea if they still exist?

I Googled Moonflower Miniatures and it popped right up.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/moonflowerminigarden

Edited by KathieB

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SuzyMyers said:

Love these!! I just wish they offered them in half scale.  You did a fabulous job. 

Thanks, Suzy! If you're looking for smaller scale flower kits, these might be sources worth checking out.

https://theminiaturegardenkits.com/collections/1-24th-scale-kits?page=1

https://sdkminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=43_51

I am so excited!!!  I just got a package in the mail today from Moonflower Miniatures!  I ordered all kinds of goodies from her almost a month ago and they finally arrived.  I can't wait to put them together! :banana:

4 hours ago, Tigpuppy said:

I am so excited!!!  I just got a package in the mail today from Moonflower Miniatures!  I ordered all kinds of goodies from her almost a month ago and they finally arrived.  I can't wait to put them together! :banana:

I’m excited for you!!! I’ve been making more flowers today - my kits came in the mail yesterday. I am obsessed - so much fun, and beautiful results! 

• Like 1