Paint the INSIDE or OUTSIDE first?

RobZap

I hand built a large 8-room 3-floor house and just finsihed installing the tape-wire system. The entire house, inside and out,  was completely sealed with White BIN PRIMER Ultimate StainiBlocker before the wire was installed.

My question is is it more common to paint all the inside our outsid of the house first?  I'm wondering if I can minimize my potential painting problems with either approach first.

Your adivice/recommendatin would be appreciated.

Rob

19 hours ago, RobZap said:

...The entire house, inside and out,  was completely sealed with White BIN PRIMER Ultimate StainiBlocker before the wire was installed...

I hope you hadn't wanted to stain anything, and waited to install windows and doors.  I always put the house into dry fit at least once to see what wants painting or wall papering and what wants staining, since you can always prime and paint over stain, but trying to stain over paint won't cut it.  It sounds like the house was all built before all this priming was done?  I generally prime ceilings and walls and any floors I'm going to finish other than wood.  I usually decorate as I build, so I start with the ground floor and do any painting or tiling or wood strips on the floors, then paint or wallpaper the walls, paint or stain baseboards, cornices, door and window interior trims and install them and the windows and doors, ceiling roses or paper the ceilings and go on to the second floor, etc.  I often do a lot of handling, manhandling and flipping the house around, so I wait until I finish off the decorating of the innards to do the exterior.

I like to have my houses assembled (shell) and then prime. That way I can fill in any gaps or add wood filler and then sand, then prime. If it is a tight/ hidden spot,  make it easier on yourself and paint and decorate that area ......I like to get all the sanding and dirty work done first. I think all depends on personal preference... I usually do the majority of outside paint first, because I tend to be messy and there is less of a chance for me to mess up the interior. .....You will find that everyone has there preferences and that there's more than one way to build a dollhouse .