HELLO!!! *waves maniacally*

Hi all :) I'm so happy to have found this wonderful community.  Decided to join after a good lurk so here I am.

I've always been fascinated by miniatures of all kinds, probably due to watching my dad build his model airplanes when I was a kid.  Fast forward, my own kids have moved out and that means there's room.  My dad, now in his 80's, is still happy to build (I'll get to posting a couple of his creations that he made for me).  Anyway, I recently pulled out my daughters dollhouse, a cheap and hastily assembled toy put together by my husband.  It was a mess and not really carefully crafted so I figured I would fool around with it with the knowledge that I couldn't really make it worse...  I'm doing a lot of diy/inventive stuff as I don't want to put money into it, really.  So.  Necessity being the mother of invention, I'm reading a lot of really good blogs by really talented people!

Thanks for letting me introduce myself---I look forward to "meeting" you all :)

• Like 1

hi, Lili!

I like your spirit and enthusiasm. Sounds like you have the perfect raw materials to start exploring and experimenting. I am sure you will have fun trying your wings and meet a lot of great people here. Do you know the maker and model of the house you are rehabbing? If not, someone here is likely to know or find out. Please keep us updated and share your progress. Welcome to this little community!

Edited by LeeB
correction
  • Like 1

:wave:  Hello LiliPutian!!  Glad you found us! :D 

I do mostly rehabs for clients and just started a new project - - obviously another hastily built house for a child's birthday or Christmas.  I was expecting to simply do a renovation, but the entire thing was put together with hot glue :noway:, so now I have taken it completely apart for a re-build!

Anyway- glad you are here and you will find LOTS of great ideas and folks to answer your questions.

Have fun!