Hi all! Newbie from Northern Virginia

Hi! I’ve been browsing the site for a while, but finally decided to sign up. I have two dollhouses to work on: the first is a huge thing I got on eBay that is roughly the size of a loveseat. I call it the Squirrel House because it’s always distracting me from things I should be doing. I’m about 3/4 of the way through stripping down the interior, but, due to conflicts with my husband’s work-at-home set-up, I can only work on it every other weekend, when I’m home from my own job. The second is an Orchid; I got the kit off of eBay about 2 years ago and never got around to building it because life intervened. I’ve finally opened the box, as I can build it in the dining room without disturbing anyone else in the house. Lots of questions, though, as this is the first time I’ve ever built a whole house!

Welcome to the little family.  Two of my very best friends were a Joanne and a Roz!  There are two building blogs for the Orchid, and I have built two and have another in desparate need of rehab that I rescued from a thrift shop.

• 4 months later...