Punch needle rug

Mineejv

Has anybody Tried to do a punch needle rug on the hard  plastic mesh instead of material ?  If you have how did it look? I’ve never cross stitched,I know they do that on the mesh.(or the  counting Crosstitch)

I’ve made a lot of punch rugs and I did use Karin tutorial. She’s a good teacher. I travel a lot so I do the punch rugs in the vehicle and sometimes it’s really hard to see the holes, with the mash it’s big squares I’ll be able to see it easier. ( and the bumpy roads )  The French knot I’m not sure I know how to do that one I have some books I’ll have to look it up.

Won't the plastic mesh make too stiff (and thick) a rug?  For a French knot, run your needle under a thread or two of your fabric, wrap the floss around the point half of your needle and pull it through the cloth, pushing the wrapped floss snug against the fabric, then putting the needle back through the fabric at the wrapped floss.  When I'm doing mini stitching on rugs I wear a loupe that clips to my glasses that I got at Harbor Freight for less than $5 USD.