Hello From England (again!)

MikeUK

Ok so I should have listened to KathieB! ‘You’ll miss it’ she said. ‘You won’t last 5 minutes’!’ You’ll regret it’!

I left Greenleaf just about a year ago, packed my bags, changed my name, locked my toolbox and turned my workroom at home into a mini gym and although I’m up to 2 miles a day on my treadmill and the static bike has left me walking like Roy Rogers you know what?………I’m bored………fit as a butchers dog, built like a Greek God (I wish!) but bored!

I miss the splinters! I miss the broken nails and my hands are so clean they glow in the dark. Most of all though I miss the challenges and I miss the folk on Greenleaf who shared those challenges and often came up with the best solutions!

I’ve been besotted with all things miniature for years……From railways with my Son and on to model boats when he grew up, went to university and found friends his own age.

When I finally decided to retire from a career providing ‘boys toys’ in some amazing London homes

I re-kindled my love of miniatures and started building 1/12th models of those same houses that I’d come to love.

Not sure what I want to build yet but I’ve restocked my wood supply and I’m raring to go…….I was hoping to re-build my albums but I notice the request to defer on that. so I’ll spend some time getting to know you all in the meantime.

That’s the plan so far anyway!

Talk soon I hope Mike

• Like 2

Oh Mike, Somhappy to see you around again, you have been missed  :wave:And Nope one just can't go away from the minis just like that, for a while and a hiatus for a while Yep, but somehow the minis tend to nestle their way back in there again sometime... so looking forward to see whatever you might start to build as I know that it Will be eye candy deluxe 

hugs

1 hour ago, MikeUK said:

Ok so I should have listened to KathieB!

Some people's kids are slow to catch on. Thank goodness the penny finally dropped! Welcome back, Mike. :flowers:

• Like 2

Mike

You are back!  I am doing the biggest happiest happy dance ever.  Ive missed your incredible builds, lovely sense of humor but most importantly Ive missed seeing you 

Hah! Knew it! 'A tiger cannot change its spots' - or was it 'a leopard cannot change its stripes'? Whatever.... glad you are feeling and sounding better! 

Mike!!!!!!!  I am so pleased you're back!!!!!!  I've often wondered how you're getting along and given your amazing miniature craftsmanship I am so extremely happy to have another mentor back on Greenleaf!  Unfortunately despite reading the 'read here first' note a few days ago I didn't recall the request not to add photos and have just done so. :eekout:I'm looking forward to seeing your projects once again when we are allowed to add! 

• 1 month later...