Ebay, Etsy, and Craigslist posts

7 hours ago, KathieB said:

14 children and room for a grand piano. :D Great snapshot of the boot with the real life kids

I loved this too - and the snapshot was marvelous. This was a work of love, and looks to have been loved. Love the photos.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Etsy issued me a full refund on the shadowcliff dollhouse today. So I have my money back.  Thank you everyone for your emotional support. It was appreciated. I will be more careful in future about che

THANK YOU THANK YOU - It's mine now! Not bad, $110 with shipping. I'm super happy. The last one I saw was $400

The prices on dollhouses on eBay have really jumped. Things that are normally close to $100 are now $300+. Maybe the housing bubble will break soon.

Posted Images

1930s?? What do you guys think? It doesn't look that old to me: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HISTORIC-DOLL-HOUSE-Breathtaking-Country-Style-1930s-Electric-Original-w-minis/313235837148

(In the picture with the furniture, it says only the stuff in the upper right corner is from the 70s and everything else is 1920s, but I just don't think that's true. The kitchen furniture all looks like Concord Miniatures.)

EDIT: haha I just answered my own question! That "1930s" house is a Duracraft Farmhouse. https://www.ebay.com/itm/All-wood-new-and-unused-Dura-Craft-Red-White-Green-Farmhouse-Dollhouse/114431476806?hash=item1aa4a5c446:g:hfYAAOSwUORd7qiL

So now the question is, do you think that seller really believes it's a house from the 1930s worth $14,000...?

8 hours ago, fov said:

So now the question is, do you think that seller really believes it's a house from the 1930s worth $14,000...?

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I think someone might ought to contact that seller and set him straight?

Apparently someone set him straight. The house is now listed as new for $499.

3 hours ago, KathieB said:

Apparently someone set him straight. The house is now listed as new for $499.

That's the second listing I found (the listing that made me realize the first one was a Duracraft). The first one is still listed at $14,000.

I sent him a message. We'll see how it's received.

Sometimes I think people who are not in the hobby, look at the style (1930s styled kitchen) and then decide it must be from that era. That's kinda funny to me. But I've seen people selling Beacon HIlls as "Victorian Antique" - when obviously it is simply styled as one. 

5 minutes ago, fov said:

That's the second listing I found (the listing that made me realize the first one was a Duracraft). The first one is still listed at $14,000.

I wonder what research he did to make him think that is the right price? Or did RIck open up that storage unit and fall in love with that dollhouse and thinks that price is right? lol

He's selling silver ingots too.

Also, he only joined ebay in April 2020. Make of it what you will.

Edited by Elsbeth
6 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

I have often wondered about that house as well......I have concluded that it needs some sort of finial to top off the multitude of gables. 

38 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

The seller ended the expensive listing......who contacted him?

I did. No response but he ended it like a minute after I sent the message.

@fovgood work! Even if it was what he said it was, no one would buy it anyway. Look at all of those House of Broel listings. If a deceased celebrity once owned it, maybe....This was Elvis' dollhouse reproduction of Graceland....he even has a replica jungle room yada yada yada......

23 hours ago, fov said:

I did. No response but he ended it like a minute after I sent the message.

You got off lucky. I saw a Greenleaf Garfield on Ebay some years back listed at $3,000 (!!!!) stating that it was an antique built by the seller's great-grandfather in the 1920s or 30s. I was super tactful and kind in informing the seller what the house actually was. Oh boy, did I ever get a nasty reply!

The seller did remove the listing shortly thereafter, however. You should have seen that house though. It was completely unfinished, not even a drop of paint, and looked like it had been slapped together in a hurry using a hot glue gun. Truly a mess.

5 hours ago, Medieval said:

In my backyard, in a well to do neighborhood. But I think their wiring needs work, it's not handmade or vintage and too much?

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/tag/d/buffalo-vintage-wooden-doll-house-with/7191727880.html

I agree, too much.

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

The little red & white with green trim reminds me of my Keystone dollhouse.  uSD$50?  Wowsers.  Too bad there're no interior photos.

That one caught my eye too Holly - was wondering if it was a Keystone or a Triang? Looks like its in great shape.

I would love to go get that Americana, I just can't fit it anywhere but I've always loved that house. I could have bought that all brick one a while back that had the sunroom attached for $150 and I passed on it.  (Am I the only one that dwells on dollhouses I didn't get LOL??)

• Like 1