Ebay, Etsy, and Craigslist posts

fov

3 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Such a sweet house unfortunately, I don't think the color scheme is doing that house any favors.

Maybe if the Quoins were fades a bit with a pale yellow wash...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Medieval said:

Maybe if the Quoins were fades a bit with a pale yellow wash...

Maybe if the quoins were also 1:24?  And that is one godarful color scheme!

• Like 1

Very harsh and offensive comments for someone that spent days after days making this house. Specially disappointing because the hardest comment came from someone that is always encouraging everyone that come to this forum asking for advise to sell a dollhouse, to go ahead and try to build it instead of selling it. Maybe you all don't realize that some of the sales posted everywhere belong to people that are part of this forum. How do you think they feel when they read this comments? I get when the comments are about outrageous prices, scams, etc, but designs, colors and such are what define each builder and what is ugly for another, will be beautiful for another. Your comments hurt me because this is MY color scheme and I like it and stand by it. Have a good day ladies.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, minilover62 said:

designs, colors and such are what define each builder and what is ugly for another, will be beautiful for another.

Amen! 

• Like 2

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder!  I am sorry that I expressed my impressions so harshly, and you are absolutely right, Carmen!  I am thoroughly ashamed to be so crass.

• Like 1

Oh Carmen, I'm so sorry about the comments about your Elizabeth Anne. I didn't know it was yours when I posted it but it's a lovely house, and you're absolutely right that we shouldn't be throwing stones. It's easy to forget that the builder could see them and I'm sure I've been guilty of making comments like this as well.

Several years ago I came across a blog about the Fairfield where someone had taken a picture off of my blog, of my work, and posted it as an example of what NOT to do, saying doesn't this look awful, etc. I'm sure the author never expected me to see it but it was very hurtful either way.

Let's use this as a reminder that we should try to be more constructive in this thread, or if we don't have something nice to say, to keep it to ourselves.

• Like 5

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Beauty is in the eye. But I still think if the yellow quoins we're softened it would look better against the stonework. I remember someone telling me my walls were crooked. I think humans are more supportive when they know the person and more critical when they are anonymous. I am going to keep this lesson going forward. I am sorry I hurt your feelings.

On 1/21/2022 at 4:01 PM, minilover62 said:

No hard feelings at all. Thanks for understanding my feelings. I only decided to say something so hopefully no one else has to go through this again. Thank you. All good🙂

I love the color scheme. It's a beautiful house.

Here's a pretty house in Northern CA, reasonably priced: https://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/d/lodi-dollhouse-for-sale/7434561973.html

And yikes, only $50! I think I've posted this before, but don't think it was this cheap... https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tag/d/san-leandro-beautiful-custom-dollhouse/7436368226.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madtex1967 said:

I have this house lol I paid about $25 for it unassembled - this person is clearly uninformed lol