Ebay, Etsy, and Craigslist posts

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

That happened to me. :( 

Well that just stinks.....I must say that eBay is good about siding on the buyers side. Especially if you have photographic evidence of that type of swindle. I have bought many open box houses off of eBay, and I always communicate with the seller and ask them to inventory the box against the directions. If they don't reply, I don't bid. If they say they have,and it was lie, I save the communication for evidence just in case.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Etsy issued me a full refund on the shadowcliff dollhouse today. So I have my money back.  Thank you everyone for your emotional support. It was appreciated. I will be more careful in future about che

THANK YOU THANK YOU - It's mine now! Not bad, $110 with shipping. I'm super happy. The last one I saw was $400

The prices on dollhouses on eBay have really jumped. Things that are normally close to $100 are now $300+. Maybe the housing bubble will break soon.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

Well that just stinks.....I must say that eBay is good about siding on the buyers side. Especially if you have photographic evidence of that type of swindle. I have bought many open box houses off of eBay, and I always communicate with the seller and ask them to inventory the box against the directions. If they don't reply, I don't bid. If they say they have,and it was lie, I save the communication for evidence just in case.

That’s smart Carrie! I too do something similar and honestly over all the years I’ve had maybe two instances where the vendor was shady - Ebay sided with me both times .... disappointing for sure that there are people that do that but that’s what those protections are for! 

• Like 1

The first time I saw a half scale Queen Anne Rowhouse kit on eBay the seller said the box was open and they didn't know if it was all there. I asked them to take pictures of the pieces or compare them against the instructions for me and they said no. So I didn't bid on it, but I was very disappointed because it was a rare house and I really wanted it!

(But fate smiled on me later and I now have more rowhouses than I need...!)

I did have an experience with a Realife furniture kit where I ended up with cutouts. That was back when you could see who purchased items and another buyer from another of that seller's auctions reached out to me to say it had happened to her and ask if I was in the same boat. I might not have noticed it in time if she hadn't. We both contacted the seller and got our money back. I think it was an honest mistake.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, fov said:

The first time I saw a half scale Queen Anne Rowhouse kit on eBay the seller said the box was open and they didn't know if it was all there. I asked them to take pictures of the pieces or compare them against the instructions for me and they said no. So I didn't bid on it, but I was very disappointed because it was a rare house and I really wanted it!

(But fate smiled on me later and I now have more rowhouses than I need...!)

I did have an experience with a Realife furniture kit where I ended up with cutouts. That was back when you could see who purchased items and another buyer from another of that seller's auctions reached out to me to say it had happened to her and ask if I was in the same boat. I might not have noticed it in time if she hadn't. We both contacted the seller and got our money back. I think it was an honest mistake.

for the most part I think people are not doing something purposely, but of course some of them do exist - I simply try not to let them taint the world for me.

• Like 1
On 5/16/2021 at 10:19 AM, havanaholly said:

Thank you, Jenn!  I agree that the upgrades make it look a lot better.  I like the brickwork on the front; I wonder why it wasn't continued all the way around.

It's considered a bargain line dollhouse. The bricks are engraved on that front panel and that's it. 

Someone posted this cabinet on my local NextDoor. I'm posting the pics instead of a link because people not local to me wouldn't be able to see it. I think it would be cool to turn into a big roombox/mini display case type thing. They want $100 for it -- a fair price but I don't really have a good place to put it. (But if it were free I'd be all over it!)

jukebox1.jpg

jukebox2.jpg

jukebox3.jpg

jukebox4.jpg

• Like 1
6 hours ago, fov said:

Someone posted this cabinet on my local NextDoor. I'm posting the pics instead of a link because people not local to me wouldn't be able to see it. I think it would be cool to turn into a big roombox/mini display case type thing. They want $100 for it -- a fair price but I don't really have a good place to put it. (But if it were free I'd be all over it!)

jukebox1.jpg

jukebox2.jpg

jukebox3.jpg

jukebox4.jpg

It looks exactly like a jukebox!

Posted (edited)

Carlson's General Store Kit with Extras

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184857025625?hash=item2b0a565c59:g:oaMAAOSwQuZgrlkK

Alessio Country Manor House - Assembled

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114609561978?hash=item1aaf43217a:g:q2QAAOSwJ7Bf8KH0

RGT Half Scale First Lady - Assembled & Partially Completed with Components (Pricey)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334017078785?hash=item4dc4f82601:g:oNYAAOSwRptgsAlz

Opening Scene Little House on the Prairie Kit (was offered on the Trading Post Forum a few months back and asked for much less!)  Been listed a long time.  Seller may be open to low offers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273817823370?hash=item3fc0d0688a:g:6rsAAOSwmoNfZnbv

Edited by madtex1967

For those near Pittsburgh PA, there is this lovely front opening vintage wooden house for sale on Facebook MarketPlace. Click Here!
1589014039_dollhousevintageturret1.thumb.JPG.070a1aef788082552018bd9c3f6419d2.JPG

• Like 1

Here's an Americana for $8K ...not completely finished and has no doors! Looks pretty on the outside though.

I do see a Bodo Hennig stove but....$8000

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/315875073259083?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A611d4959-4ae2-4bbd-8bc2-108b5e266c32

14 minutes ago, Island-Shack said:

Here's an Americana for $8K ...not completely finished and has no doors! Looks pretty on the outside though.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/315875073259083?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A611d4959-4ae2-4bbd-8bc2-108b5e266c32

rotflmao

46 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

Dangit, Dangit, Dangit!! 😖 I have been looking for a second one of these for months!!

youve got to set your bey searches to notify you immediately...I know your pain

On 6/3/2021 at 5:24 PM, Island-Shack said:

It is missing the top of the stack-the bent part that goes into the wall. Maybe they would knock off a few pennies.😄

On 6/4/2021 at 12:19 PM, jbnmini said:

Dangit, Dangit, Dangit!! 😖 I have been looking for a second one of these for months!!

I will remember you next time!

On 4/13/2021 at 12:13 PM, Mid-life madness said:

This house is for sale again on Ebay , This time it is priced at $7,500.  The copula is impressive

(⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃━✿✿✿✿✿✿
There is another eye-watering dollhouse for sale on Ebay but $50,000 USD , which is a lot of money for many folks
Link Here! 
Image 11 - CUSTOM ONE-OF-A-KIND VICTORIAN DOLL HOUSE 1920's Style 47 ROOMS 1/12 SCALE

• Like 1

If that four-sided sofa is a June Clinkscales, all the artisan pieces would probably run the price up there.  That's serious $$$$.

Oh this is sort of sad - I happened upon this house listing in NJ - and there are dollhouses smashed on the front lawn. Multiple houses. And there are more houses inside. And in the basement - a TON of houses. Possible hoarding situation, but I can't tell.

It's just rather sad...but if I bought it I'd be going through the miniatures...looks like they come with the house.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1299-Macopin-Rd-West-Milford-NJ-07480/39806556_zpid/?

0d97d14af47783d4b2d3128bce47b1de-uncropp

Edited by Elsbeth
1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

Oh this is sort of sad - I happened upon this house listing in NJ - and there are dollhouses smashed on the front lawn. Multiple houses. And there are more houses inside. And in the basement - a TON of houses. Possible hoarding situation, but I can't tell.

It's just rather sad...but if I bought it I'd be going through the miniatures...looks like they come with the house.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1299-Macopin-Rd-West-Milford-NJ-07480/39806556_zpid/?

Yikes! I just glimpsed into my future.....except there would be cats involved :D

• Like 1