Jump to content

Ebay, Etsy, and Craigslist posts


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Etsy issued me a full refund on the shadowcliff dollhouse today. So I have my money back.  Thank you everyone for your emotional support. It was appreciated. I will be more careful in future about che

THANK YOU THANK YOU - It's mine now! Not bad, $110 with shipping. I'm super happy. The last one I saw was $400

I love that Victorian @EmilyPBposted. The 1:12 version of that house never appealed to me, but it's just so much cuter in half scale! This is an interesting thing to do to a Fairfield: https://ww

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Medieval said:

You think the seller is asking too much? I know its a subjective assessment. But i cant help but find humor in the description.

If the house is well built, I don't think $250 is too much. Many kits cost more than that, and for someone who is more interested in decorating than building, that can be a plus. I agree, it can be amusing to see what some folks think about their houses.

Edited by KathieB
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Susie, No I have not gotten it resolved so far. The seller said she shipped it ( no tracking info ) and I tried to get Etsy once again to do something then as she was still selling. She closed up and went away but Etsy would not allow any action until the dollhouse finally did not arrive a few days ago.  Etsy has finally allowed me to file a claim for non delivery requesting a refund from the seller, and we are now waiting for a seller response. She of course has not responded, but her time allowed is not up yet so waiting... I will let everyone know what happens. I did not want to cast a shadow over this thread it is one that I enjoy immensely. The eye candy aspect is always a day brightener and I get lots of ideas and inspiration and a bit of education here. I will always wonder what happened behind the scenes, how many other doll houses that seller sold and if anyone got one. 

Thank you for the link to The Broel House of all Seasons, I do love that house. (passed that listing info on to Etsy as well) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For those starting here in the middle wondering what happened I purchased a dollhouse from an Etsy seller realizing after I had paid That the house in the listing photo I "purchased" was the Broel House of all Seasons and the transaction was a fraud. I have been working at getting my money back ever since. So now you are caught up. Buyer beware and all that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fov said:

ROTFLMBO!!!  I suppose it's supposed to be Scarlett and Rhett's house in Atlanta (without that grand hall or staircase), since it's neither Tara nor Twelve Oaks, but no way it's $1000USD worth!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, fov said:

It is listed twice.  It is not the first time this has been listed.  Last time I checked there were 3 listings on eBay for it.  I am not sure how the seller gets around that!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gone-With-The-Wind-Plantation-Dollhouse-Serious-buyers-only/171926113522?hash=item2807984cf2:g:QB8AAOSwLqFV8EkN

But yes, you do have to scratch your head and really wonder . . . :huh:

Link to post
Share on other sites

That listing Matt posted has been up since September 2016. I guess they don't feel much urgency to sell it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FurMama said:

1916??? It looks like a Beachside Bungalow on a box/basement. :dunno:

LOL...it's not even the classic bungalow, it's the beachside! I do see some nice looking furniture in the bedroom, not sure if it's Bespaq, but its pretty. Not $10K pretty though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Call Me Crazy said:

I seem to remember someone posted a link to that same house a few years back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Diane, if you think that's gross, we had a local "artist" who made collages out of miscellaneous Barbie & Ken body parts that included simulated blood and internal body parts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Diane, if you think that's gross, we had a local "artist" who made collages out of miscellaneous Barbie & Ken body parts that included simulated blood and internal body parts.

Ugh!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 7:06 AM, Felthen said:

For those starting here in the middle wondering what happened I purchased a dollhouse from an Etsy seller realizing after I had paid That the house in the listing photo I "purchased" was the Broel House of all Seasons and the transaction was a fraud. I have been working at getting my money back ever since. So now you are caught up. Buyer beware and all that. 

So she basically tried to sell you the Lawbre Shadowcliff dollhouse (which I have) and then said it was just a picture, that’s appalling,  I am more of an ebay person and know that ebay has very strict rules on frauds and jump right in when someone tries to cheats you out of your money.  I really do hope you get your money back and am so sorry.   How much did you pay her, if its ok to ask????

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, minilover62 said:

If you think that that dollhouse's price is outrageous, take a look at this one.... https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/atq/d/mukwonago-doll-house/7270611889.html

It’s interesting how many dollhouses/minis I have seen that are the same models and condition and the wide range of prices!!!!   I have seen a Rosedawn Plantation for 10,000 and then the same model, fully furnished for 1,300.  I bought four sets of dolls for 30 all together and then found another seller that just was selling them “each” for 120. Sometimes when I see outrageous prices I think maybe they are just aiming high and will lower it as soon as the hagglers start.   The biggest letdown I have ever experienced was when at an auction a Lawbre Chesterfield sold for 250 when its priced at over eight thousand!   (I saw it after the fact) I always tell newbies to shop around, and look at prices so they know not to overpay for someone they can find much more affordable.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Genevieve A said:

It’s interesting how many dollhouses/minis I have seen that are the same models and condition and the wide range of prices!!!!   I have seen a Rosedawn Plantation for 10,000 and then the same model, fully furnished for 1,300.  I bought four sets of dolls for 30 all together and then found another seller that just was selling them “each” for 120. Sometimes when I see outrageous prices I think maybe they are just aiming high and will lower it as soon as the hagglers start.   The biggest letdown I have ever experienced was when at an auction a Lawbre Chesterfield sold for 250 when its priced at over eight thousand!   (I saw it after the fact) I always tell newbies to shop around, and look at prices so they know not to overpay for someone they can find much more affordable.

You are absolutely right. I always take my time “hunting “, as i call my online shopping activities, and I have found what you describe here many times! Unbelievable but true!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Genevieve A said:

So she basically tried to sell you the Lawbre Shadowcliff dollhouse (which I have) and then said it was just a picture, that’s appalling,  I am more of an ebay person and know that ebay has very strict rules on frauds and jump right in when someone tries to cheats you out of your money.  I really do hope you get your money back and am so sorry.   How much did you pay her, if its ok to ask????

No the seller was representing that she was selling an actual dollhouse - it was around $400? If I remember correctly ... she had several “houses”’listed for sale none of which she actually had in her possession and she was selling multiples - as if she had a warehouse of high end houses she was liquidating .. I actually initiated a conversation with her and she gave me all the victim plays one can imagine - bottom line tho she said she had a red  one (the shadow cliff) for sale.  A total fraud - what she didn’t count on was everyone who visited her site figuring out she was a sham.  @felthen will get her money back but it’s annoying you have to fight for your money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2021 at 8:11 AM, Medieval said:

You think the seller is asking too much? I know its a subjective assessment. But i cant help but find humor in the description.

I would have said $100 at most. 

I also have a lot of those "unique" items from childhood collection.

And I like "There is a lot of everything in every room."

lol

 

 

Edited by Elsbeth
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

I also have a lot of those "unique" items from childhood 

 

 

I have a bad habit of thinking I am on the same wavelength as others. The point I thought I was making was all handcrafted dollhouses are unique. Even kit builts are because each creator designs it differently. So we all own one of a kind houses of the same model. So I am laughing at the fact people even saying such in a sales pitch. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...