Ebay, Etsy, and Craigslist posts

fov

2 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Yikes! I just glimpsed into my future.....except there would be cats involved :D

That may be what I find compelling about it...

OMG that could be me!

I'd better go organize the collection.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

At the same time, if all the stuff comes with the house I'd kinda see that as a selling point. I know I'm in the minority there but I "get" it.

I just hope whoever bought it consulted someone about any value and didn't just trash it all :-(  I can't imagine what kind of tiny treasure you can't see in the pics. I lost count on just the houses alone, but they're definitely vintage so the minis must be too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

Yikes! I just glimpsed into my future.....except there would be cats involved :D

Finally a house that looks worse than mine! I can't wait to show my cats. Maybe now they will stop glaring at me when another mini package comes through the door!😉

• Like 1

Oh wow, that house! That's amazing. I Googled the address and found this: http://www.westmilfordmessenger.com/news/the-macopin-homestead-BPWM20080125301259834

The person in the article must be whoever owned the house before it sold in May. The listing says it was a preforclosure. My guess is that the owner died and whoever inherited it just left all her stuff in there and didn't take care of it... I'd rather that was the story than that the owner let it get into that state. From all the stuff on the walls and the dollhouses, and based on the details in that article, it seems like it was a quirky old house that somebody loved.

EDIT: Here's the Google street view as of Sept 2019. Seems like it was being used as an antique store then. That explains the decor.

EDIT: Here are some more articles:

http://www.westmilfordmessenger.com/news/something-old-something-new-at-red-sled-antiques-YAWM20111216312169807

https://www.northjersey.com/story/life/columnists/2017/12/20/other-vreelands-and-their-macopin-buildings-west-milford/948909001/

EDIT: Okay this is the last one! I found minutes from some recent meetings of the West Milford Historic Preservation Commission regarding the house's historic designation and the sale of the house. I'm going to email them and see if they can tell us what happened to the dollhouses. Inquiring minds want to know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I emailed the West Milford planning board and a real estate agent whose name was on an earlier listing. I'll let you know if I hear anything back!

6 hours ago, fov said:

I emailed the West Milford planning board and a real estate agent whose name was on an earlier listing. I'll let you know if I hear anything back!

Oh yay! I'd love to know too. Thanks for all that research.

On 6/12/2021 at 3:24 PM, Elsbeth said:

Oh this is sort of sad - I happened upon this house listing in NJ - and there are dollhouses smashed on the front lawn. Multiple houses. And there are more houses inside. And in the basement - a TON of houses. Possible hoarding situation, but I can't tell.

It's just rather sad...but if I bought it I'd be going through the miniatures...looks like they come with the house.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1299-Macopin-Rd-West-Milford-NJ-07480/39806556_zpid/?

0d97d14af47783d4b2d3128bce47b1de-uncropp

Holy Cow, I just moved to a different state, but six months ago I could have practically walked over there from my mother's house to check it out!

16 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Interesting how they have modern indoor bathroom but the family appears to be the Quaker Oats man & his family from the 18th Century.

The best of two possible worlds. Hard to achieve in real life. What better place to find it than in a doll house? :) 

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Ah, but the 18th Century had thunder boxes built into the dining room sideboards!

My point, exactly! Definitely not the best of that world.

Edited by KathieB

On 6/15/2021 at 7:29 PM, AmandaJC said:

Here's an Artply Highland in western PA. Fairly cheap. The seller is threatening to cut it up into room boxes of noone buys it. Please someone snatch it up! 

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/849130942479266/?sfnsn=mo

Well dang.  LOL  Now if I could get someone from our store in Butler to go pick it up....box it and convince our delivery truck driver that it needs to come back to the corporate office (in SE Penn)....... 🤔  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

Well dang.  LOL  Now if I could get someone from our store in Butler to go pick it up....box it and convince our delivery truck driver that it needs to come back to the corporate office (in SE Penn)....... 🤔  

Sounds like a good and plausible plan! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mid-life madness said:

Hard to find fancy door by Houseworks....I wonder if it will sell at this price?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144079504635?hash=item218bcec4fb:g:GxgAAOSwCeRgy6Gc

Ouch!  If it does, I may list my doors and windows I have in this style.  I can make a fortune! :deal: :happydance:

3 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

An Excellent Willowcrest bash.  Wow!  Price is high, but the details are amazing.

Wow! says it all. Beautiful to look at. Here I am near Atlanta, but ... no place to put it and knocked out by the price. Besides, my favorite part is the building. I don't have many collector chromosomes on my DNA helix.