Ebay, Etsy, and Craigslist posts

fov

16 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

I tried to find the listing but couldn’t or I’d report it also 

You can find it by searching for "dollhouse" limiting the price in the search filter to $375.

• Thanks 1

This is what Tracy from Etsy answered me about the Posting, quote:  http://"I have no time nor use for any of this drama. I have no idea what you are talking about. Please get a life."

So she is defiant, she still has the posting up, with supposedly 2 houses available of the Shadow Cliff dollhouse, and they are on some people carts! I hope nobody else falls for this fraudulent ad, and others that she has posted in similar conditions. I reported this to Etsy but they didn't say anything. I wonder now about Etsy's seriousness. Be careful.

• Like 1

I initiated a conversation with her as well and she claims that she got several kits and built them and I will get the red one in the picture ... she also says she’s a traveling nurse and quarantined out of town with covid and doesn’t get online much ... I’m sure Etsy will handle it but I do believe it will have to come from the buyers themselves .... so wrong of this person to be scamming people 

wright..., she had several very rare kits of dollhouse kits that are not available anymore, then she builds those kits and doesn't show a single picture of the houses that she built, but pictures of somebody else' s houses. The nerve to say that she built more than one of this rare kits, and she will ship this super heavy houses for almost nothing. Obviously she has no idea of what kind of dollhouses this dollhouses are. We all know that there is no way that even if she's got this kits for free, after you build them, they would cost way more than around $300s. This is scary, having scammers like this one around, so openly, is very scary. 

@Felthenwill certainly be able to make a case and get her money back. Either it will never ship, or whatever does ship won't be as described. It's just frustrating that you have to wait when you already know what the outcome will be. https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/cases-for-buyers/243306189901

Please keep us posted on what happens!

• Like 1

So this is just an update, and since I feel I am among friends a bit of a vent. I have reported the Etsy seller and supposedly it went to fraud but Etsy has done nothing at all with this as far as I can tell. I have received back 2 computer generated emails with canned answers that indicate no one has given this even a glance. One defined intelectual (sp?) property for me and explained I was not to use other peoples  photos,(huh?). The other repeated  info on how to email a seller to ask for a refund.  Today Etsy has sent me a cheerful "Your item has shipped" message containing  no information at all. It is shipping  " from the US"  with "no tracking info provided" (including no shipper info at all). Did it ship freight? UPS?  USPS? Packhorse? So kind of a clue there for Etsy if they wanted to look.  Since this morning the seller has boldly added a number of new houses to her store, among them a nice Beacon Hill some and some other nice Greenleaf builds some I did not recognize and a number of builds of real good toys kits. The picture of the Shadowcliff as well as a number of others like that San Franciscan that I recognized (but could not remember from where), are no longer listed in her store. I hope she did not sell them but it is likely she did. She has been snarky as heck only answering that she feels harassed, and I am shocked that Etsy has not made any move to do anything at all.  It is hard for me to watch this train wreck and frankly now I am madder at Etsy than the seller.

1 minute ago, Felthen said:

So this is just an update, and since I feel I am among friends a bit of a vent. I have reported the Etsy seller and supposedly it went to fraud but Etsy has done nothing at all with this as far as I can tell. I have received back 2 computer generated emails with canned answers that indicate no one has given this even a glance. One defined intelectual (sp?) property for me and explained I was not to use other peoples  photos,(huh?). The other repeated  info on how to email a seller to ask for a refund.  Today Etsy has sent me a cheerful "Your item has shipped" message containing  no information at all. It is shipping  " from the US"  with "no tracking info provided" (including no shipper info at all). Did it ship freight? UPS?  USPS? Packhorse? So kind of a clue there for Etsy if they wanted to look.  Since this morning the seller has boldly added a number of new houses to her store, among them a nice Beacon Hill some and some other nice Greenleaf builds some I did not recognize and a number of builds of real good toys kits. The picture of the Shadowcliff as well as a number of others like that San Franciscan that I recognized (but could not remember from where), are no longer listed in her store. I hope she did not sell them but it is likely she did. She has been snarky as heck only answering that she feels harassed, and I am shocked that Etsy has not made any move to do anything at all.  It is hard for me to watch this train wreck and frankly now I am madder at Etsy than the seller.

While I completely understand your frustration and angry I think you need to take a step back and understand how it all works.  Yes, she is a fraud and no one is denying that.  Sadly tho things just dont work that fast in life.  Etsy must give the seller the benefit of the doubt.....Etsy is simply the marketplace, it would be no different than Paypal.  Because you say, Paypal, Ebay, Etsy are not going to automatically believe you just because it's you.  We know you're not wrong but Etsy doesn't now you.  You could have buyers remorse and this is how some real life people act on the regular.  Imagine if it was legitimate and you decided it was wrong and right this second you want your money back....not how it happens - There are several people who have reported the seller, I posted it on Facebook and several people reported the seller there as well.  When the item doesn't come you will file a claim with Etsy, it is up to the seller to provide shipping info......then you also file a claim with your credit card that you haven't received the item you paid for....the seller refuses to provide shipping info (which Im sure they will never give to you) and then you'll get a refund, since the item will never appear or not be as described this won't be a problem.  I completely understand how you are feeling, but sadly it will take several weeks for this to be resolved.  We are all here for you and thank you for sharing your information with us so that none of us would be affected as well.  big Hugs to you @Felthen!

• Like 1

As a whole, people in this hobby are some of most generous and giving people I have ever met. It bothers me that this person has taken advantage of us.....It just makes me wonder if she is in the hobby? Of all things to use as a scam, dollhouses???  I had made a statement on another thread.  We were discussing weird dollhouse buying experiences. I said that I try not to worry about being kidnapped when doing a Craiglist deal etc.. because I doubted a serial killer would use a dollhouse as bait!!!:doh: Well, I guess that theory is gone, and now I will have to become a crazy and cynical dollhouse lady!!

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 7:56 AM, Elsbeth said:

I at least want to know where it went if they did give it away! Of if they gave it away at all. I was hoping it would go to you!

I never heard back, after sending 2 messages.  I don't understand that thought process of listing an item for free or for $$ and then not respond to people.  If it is sold, delete the post.  As of today, the house is still on Offer-Up. :-(

• Like 2

On 1/10/2021 at 5:16 PM, Qubanqtee said:

While I completely understand your frustration and angry I think you need to take a step back and understand how it all works.  Yes, she is a fraud and no one is denying that.  Sadly tho things just dont work that fast in life.  Etsy must give the seller the benefit of the doubt.....Etsy is simply the marketplace, it would be no different than Paypal.  Because you say, Paypal, Ebay, Etsy are not going to automatically believe you just because it's you.  We know you're not wrong but Etsy doesn't now you.  You could have buyers remorse and this is how some real life people act on the regular.  Imagine if it was legitimate and you decided it was wrong and right this second you want your money back....not how it happens - There are several people who have reported the seller, I posted it on Facebook and several people reported the seller there as well.  When the item doesn't come you will file a claim with Etsy, it is up to the seller to provide shipping info......then you also file a claim with your credit card that you haven't received the item you paid for....the seller refuses to provide shipping info (which Im sure they will never give to you) and then you'll get a refund, since the item will never appear or not be as described this won't be a problem.  I completely understand how you are feeling, but sadly it will take several weeks for this to be resolved.  We are all here for you and thank you for sharing your information with us so that none of us would be affected as well.  big Hugs to you @Felthen!

So true! I had a seller who didn't ship an item to me...kept making excuses, so I read all the FAQs, and gathered all the deadlines, number of days required to wait before filing claims, etc - from Ebay, my credit card, and paypal. I gave the seller the benefit of the doubt within the timeline of when I needed to file the claims. I was very polite to them - because I wanted Ebay to be able to see I was a good buyer. When I had all my facts together,  waited a reasonable amount of time after contacting the seller politely, I then told the seller I would file claims by these dates if there was no action from them (they had stopped replying to me). So I did just that - first deadline was Ebay, and they found in my favor because the seller never replied to Ebay when they contacted them. It was so easy to get my money back. It appeared the very week Ebay got involved. I don't know what Etsy is like with their protection plan, but if you follow their rules and deadlines, it can work in your favor. Know those rules. But yes, it takes time.

For me, even researching and reading all those rules was a good use of my anger - so good luck and try to be productive while you wait - it is stressful enough during these times. I am sorry this happened to you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, madtex1967 said:

I never heard back, after sending 2 messages.  I don't understand that thought process of listing an item for free or for $$ and then not respond to people.  If it is sold, delete the post.  As of today, the house is still on Offer-Up. :-(

I wonder if they were gauging interest and not really giving it away, or if they gave it away quickly and just never updated the listing. I really want to know who has it!!! lol

Years ago Joann Swanson posted a great tutorial for making mini bottles out of a specific type of Christmas light: https://joannswansondiyminiatures.blogspot.com/2013/01/creating-bottles-from-holiday-tree.html

(Joann's tutorial doesn't mention it, but Christmas light bottles are closer to half scale than 1:12 scale.)

I have been searching for those lights ever since but could never find ones that looked like the ones in the tutorial. The picture on the box would look like a bottle but then the lights inside the box had a ball at the tip instead of the long skinny neck. Every year I obsessively look for these and never find them!

This year I spent *hours* looking for these Christmas lights on Amazon and eBay and I messaged a few sellers to ask for pictures of the actual bulbs. A few got back to me and I just bought a string of multi-colored Christmas lights to make bottles out of!

These are also the right shape: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Green-LED-Christmas-String-Lights-46-Total-Feet-140-Faceted-Bulbs-Wire-2-Box/124504667025?hash=item1cfd0e7391:g:YwwAAOSwIFhf6iUp

I'm not going to buy those but I thought someone here might be interested. It's too expensive if you only need a few bulbs, but would be great if someone's making a bar or a wine cellar.

I also found some auctions for replacement bulbs that are the right shape, but the cost per "bottle" is much higher if you buy those.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-10-Blue-long-Mini-LED-replacement-Christmas-Bulbs-Lights-Balls/303767214843

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Celebrations-M5-Red-LED-Replacement-Bulbs-4-Pack/301868958006?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

On 1/12/2021 at 12:31 PM, madtex1967 said:

Some people lack basic communication skills, which is infuriating.  It's why even bother listing it?

My hunch is that maybe the dollhouse was already given away to someone else. The person probably forgot to take the Offer Up listing down or the person had a change of heart.  Sad, because Matt you would have been a good custodian of the dollhouse.