Can someone please measure their Aster Cottage for me? :)

IndyCindy

I'm dreaming and scheming of building the Aster Cottage, but honestly it's only because I found an amazing 17th century style "box" bed that just longs to be in a sweet Tudor style cottage. It looks like the Aster might fit the bill. I found overall measurements for the Aster, but I am particularly interested in the space available on the second floor/loft. Would some kind soul be willing to measure the upper floor space that would accommodate a bed so I know if this will work? Thanks!

By the way, the bed in question is wxhxd=173x191x82mm /6,8x7,5x3,2 inch

2 hours ago, IndyCindy said:

True, but I was hoping to go on the smaller side, if possible. What about the Sugar Plum? I know it's also very small. . . but would the bed fit upstairs?

Not without raising the walls significantly; the Sugarplum is so tiny that the furniture that comes with it appears to fill it up (I've built it several times).

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Not without raising the walls significantly; the Sugarplum is so tiny that the furniture that comes with it appears to fill it up (I've built it several times).

Bummer! But better to know now than after ordering the kit though. I do appreciate the info. Thanks, Holly!

I replaced the chipboard "timbering" on one of the Sugarplums I built and used 1/4" stripwood (if your kit's 1:24 you could use 1/8" stripwood) instead; since it looks like all the Aster's timbering is straight cuts & no curves this would be easy-peasy.